Going on an extended camping excursion means you're going to need to find the best air mattress for long term use. Sleeping on the hard ground for several days is not an option for most people, especially those with back problems. Choosing carefully can help you make sure you're choosing the right one and making the most out of your purchase.
- Coleman 4-In-1 Quickbed. Coleman has a long-standing reputation of making low-cost and useful camping gear and is a candidate for best air mattress for long term use. Their air mattresses are superb for sleeping on several nights in a row. The 4-In-1 is versatile, allowing campers to stack them for a taller bed, lay them out flat for a two-person king size or unsnap them to use as two separate beds.
- Cabela's Folding Air Bed with Frame. Cabela's features a cot-style air mattress that suspends the sleeper off of the tent floor. For older occupants and those with stiff joints in the morning, this is the air mattress for long term use. It's easy to get in and out of the folding air bed and being suspended on a cot frame helps you stay warm.
- Aero Sport Sleep Basics Elevated. Known as the best air mattress for long term use at home, the makers of Aero Bed have gotten into the outdoor market. The Aero Sport improves stability for a firmer mattress and features a handheld AC pump for use in the tent or in the back of your truck. Simply reinflate it at night before turning in and you're ready to sleep.
- Coleman Grand Canyon Raised Quickbed. Not surprisingly, two Coleman products have made it to the top of our list. This rugged model is not only one of the best air mattresses, it's also raised, rugged and made to inflate quickly. The air mattress features coils to create a more stable sleep surface, and it comes in both twin and queen sizes.
- Truck Bed Air Bed by Exxel. So many people are electing to camp in the bed of their trucks these days, and this air mattress is one of the best options for doing just that. The mattress inflates to fit any standard-sized truck and has a Velour top that is cozy on cold nights. It's truly your best air mattress for long term use in a truck bed.
- Serta Elevated Pillow Top Air Bed. This is the best air mattress for those with access to electricity, like at a campground or with a power adapter for the car. The air mattress is designed to feel just like your bed at home, and requires an occasional re-pump after a night of sleeping. Otherwise, campers report it as a firm elevated bed that holds its shape well.
- Ozark Trail Queen Airbed. Ozark Trail is a well-known producer of discount camping supplies, and this air mattress is great for thrifty campers. Like the Cabela's cot mattress, it suspends the sleeper above the ground to keep you away from bugs and the cold tent floor. The added support in the cot helps you to sleep on a more stable, raised surface. It's a great air mattress for long term use.
- Pure Comfort 5-In-1 Sofa Bed. The Pure Comfort 5-in-1 is a great option for long term camping, as it can be arranged to lay down for a bed, or be used as a couch. You can sit on it and read and then turn it into a bed for the evening.
- Aero Ultra Light Camp Mat. Though the Aero Ultra Light Camp Mat may not be everyone's preference in beds, when deflated and rolled up, it takes up about as much room as a compact umbrella and is a great air mattress alternative to sleeping on the ground.
- Intex Downy Queen Air Bed. This Intex model is one of our favorite selections for best long term use air mattress because of its soft exterior and vertical tube design. The mattresses are well known for retaining their shape in more rugged conditions but maintaining a no-frills size and shape when deflated and rolled up.
The average American income in 2006 for anybody over 25 was $32,140. This mattress costs $860 more than that. Not includ ...
No, this isn’t a bed specifically designed for you to eat chili in, though that'd interesting as well. The ChiliBe ...
It’s high time to strike out for a few days of life in nature. From backpacks and sleeping bags to stoves and knives, he ...