Neuropathy in the feet is a painful condition, so it's helpful for any patient with this condition to learn about the best alternative medicine for neuropathy in the feet. Alternative treatment methods are those that don't require surgical or pharmaceutical methods.
- Biofeedback uses a special machine to train your body's response to pain. The use of a biofeedback machine can help you control how your feet respond to neuropathy. Biofeedback can help reduce or eliminate pain in your feet.
- Relaxation techniques can calm the mind and reduce pain sensations. Relaxation techniques such as deep breathing can calm the mind and relax the muscles, which can help decrease the sensations of neuropathy.
- Acupuncture is a treatment used in Chinese medicine. Needles are inserted into the skin at key reflex points. These needles help redirect the flow of energy (or "Chi") inside of the body, and this can have a direct effect on pain. The effects of acupuncture can be a very effective alternative medicine for all neuropathy, including neuropathy in the feet.
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) sends electrical impulses to your skin via electrodes. These electrical impulses help to block pain messages from reaching your brain, which can help reduce the effects of neuropathy in your feet and other regions of the body.
- Capsaicin is the natural chemical that makes hot peppers spicy. Capsaicin creams can be rubbed on the feet and often give a numbing effect that will reduce the sensations of neuropathy in the feet. Side effects include skin irritation and burning
Resources for alternative medicine methods for neuropathy in feet:
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.