Best Android Widgets
The best Android widgets give you quick and easy access to all sorts of valuable information and applications. It's important not to load up your Android device with too many, as they can cause a drain on the battery and can use up a lot of space on your screen. So, you need to pick and choose which Android widgets are best for you. Here are our picks:
- BatteryLife - This free Android widget lets you know at a glance how much juice you have left before you need to recharge. The display is color coded with a green light showing a full batter and a red light telling you you need to charge right away.
- 3G Watchdog - Does your wireless plan limit your bandwidth? This free Android widget will help you keep an eye on how much you are using. This way, you can ration yourself and make sure you do not go over the limit.
- MotoTorch LED - This handy little widget lets you use the screen display on Motorola Android phones as a flashlight. Since most people always have their phones on them but rarely carry flashlights, installing this widget can help you make your phone more useful when you drop your keys or a ring in the dark. This widget is also free.
- Pure Messenger - Keep track of all of your contacts with this handy Android widget ($2.00). You can read email, IM, Twitter, texts and FaceBook all in one place. Plus, you have a choice of two different layouts, so you can customize this widget to work best for you.
- Weather and Toggle Widget - Always know which way the wind blows with this useful Android widget ($1.50). It allows you to connect to your favorite weather website to see the latest forecasts. This widget comes with a number of skins and can be customized to look the way that you like.