Need to know what the best antivirus for slow computers? No matter how slow your computer is, you do need to have an antivirus running at all times. Listed below are ten antivirus programs that should work well for even slowest computers.
- Avast! Free Antivirus. Very effective and easy to use. It alerts you via a female voice when there is an update. It updates very fast and it is very good at catching a virus and removing them if you have any. With this software running however you should never get a virus. Will work fine with a slow computer.
- BitDefender Antivirus. Protects your computer very effectively and has an easy interface. The cost of this software won’t break the bank either and doesn’t use many resources so will not slow down your computer.
- Kaspersky Antivirus. Protects your computer against viruses, but also malware and spyware. Rated very high and very effective. This software does cost approximately $50 for a year, but it is well worth the peace of mind you will have.
- Norton Antivirus. Norton is a well known company and its antivirus software works very well in protecting your PC.
- AVG antivirus. Offers you great protection and very quick updating and is very effective in handling any virus out there. Updates are very fast and it will not slow down your computer.
- Avira AntiVir Premium. Avira is very effective in handling any virus that comes your way. As with most it has a free version but the paid version is worth the money.
- Webroot Antivirus. Not only does this antivirus software provide you with good security but also has software included to protect you against spyware.
- Norton Antivirus. Norton does an excellent job protecting your computer against viruses. It updates very quickly and is easy to use and works well with slow computers.
- ESET Nod32 Antivirus. Very effective antivirus software that protects you against any virus. Updates very quickly and has an easy to use interface.
- G Data Antivirus. This antivirus software gives you good security and is very easy to use. It keeps up with viruses that are created every day.
All of the antivirus software listed above are very effective and will not slow down your computer.