Best Apps For Pocket PC
Now that you have your new pocket PC in your hands, you need to get the best apps for pocket PC loaded to make the most out of your new toy. The application market is filled with programs that are fun, but not functional. Let’s look at the best ones.
- Agile messenger. This app allows you to use any of the major instant messaging programs to communicate with your friends and family. If you haven’t tried real time communication, what are your waiting for? This app is the best way to keep in touch with friends who are online.
- Urban Spoon. When no one can decide what to eat, this app is the best way to figure it out. The app will figure out your location, select the type of food and cost of the restaurant. To narrow things down, you can “lock” any category to find the nearest Chinese food, for example.
- Yelp. Now that you picked the restaurant, you can turn to Yelp. This site provides reviews of everything from restaurants and hotels to dentists and everything else under the sun. The ratings are determined by the users, so beware of businesses that only have a few reviews that seem similar in content.
- eReader. Because of copyright laws, thousands of classic books are available for free online. This site allows you to buy more current titles, and it provides helpful tools for organizing your books and making notes while you read. Another benefit is that no one can tell if you’re reading a mystery or a self help book unless they’re sitting right next to you and looking directly at your screen.
- Audiopod. This app is the best choice for someone who loves TV or radio and wants to take it with them. Use the Audiopod app to download a podcast to your pocket PC, then take it with you wherever you go, and whip it out during that boring family picnic.
No matter which of these apps you use on your pocket PC, the best app is one that makes your life easier. Hopefully, it will be one on this list. Remember, if you can’t find one you like, you could always develop your own app.