Come walking out of the kitchen with the best banana bread from the best banana bread recipe she has ever tasted. There is nothing sexier than a man in the kitchen. Wait, a man that can bake, that's even hotter. Boys, your sexy factor just went through the roof! Banana bread is a great recipe to try if you're not an experienced pastry chef. This recipe can also be used as a banana cake. Drizzle our brown sugar icing over the top of the banana bread (cake) for an added surprise. It's easy, it's delicious, and everyone will love it. The best banana bread recipe we feature here will leave them begging for more. Let's get started.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- Cream together the sugar and butter.
- Mix in mashed bananas, vanilla, and eggs.
- Alternate adding a little of the flour mixture then buttermilk to the banana mixture, until it is all incorporated.
- At this point, you can add "extras", such as pecans, chocolate chips, toffee bits, etc.
- Pour into two loaf pans or one 13 x 9 1/2 x 2 prepared pan. A prepared pan is greased then lightly coated with flour to help the banana bread from sticking to the pan.
- Bake for 40-45 min at 350 degrees.
Brown Sugar Icing
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Melt butter and brown sugar, then bring to a boil.
- Stir constantly for two minutes. Stir in milk then let cool.
- Be sure to allow this mixture to cool or your powdered sugar will melt when you try to add it!
- Beat in enough powdered sugar to make a spreadable consistency. It is best to make it spreadable for use on the cake. If you want to use the icing on the banana bread, do not make it as thick and use it more as a drizzle for the top.
- Be sure the banana bread or cake is completely cooled after baking before adding the icing.
"Cooks Collage Cookbook" by The Junior League of Tulsa
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.