The best basketball warm up songs can really get energy levels up. They can get players in the mood to play and in the spirit of teamwork. Here are some fun, upbeat songs to warm up for the big game and practice games as well.
- "Lose Yourself" by Eminem This is a really great song for getting the adrenaline going. It's easy to move to, and it's fun to sing along with if you want to add a bit more fun to the warm up session.
- "Tubthumping" by Chumbawamba This is a great song for practice, because it gives a great mantra for players. "I get knocked down, but I get up again. You're never gonna keep me down," declares the singer in the song. It's motivational and upbeat.
- "Let's Get Physical" by Olivia Newton-John A classic pop song that is good for warm up, as it can get you moving and focused on the physical aspects of basketball. It's hard not to sing along, so don't hold it against the players.
- "Walk This Way" by Aeosmith This will bring all the players to their feet. Yes, even those on a break. Players may be ready to get right into the game after all the energy and motion this song can inspire.
- "Let's Get it Started" by the Black Eyed Peas The perfect song to play just before the game. It's celebratory and announces that your players are here, ready, and able to bring their game on.
- "Rockstar" by Nickelback It's fun for the warm-up. It can even be played during the game as well.
- "It's My Life by Bon Jovi This is a euphoric declaration. The song is great for a warm-up, as its message is super positive. The singer tells of how he is taking control of his own life, and he's living it his own way. It can open the path to talking to the players about playing their own way.
- "You Get What You Give' by the New Radicals Here is a song to inspire teamwork, a fun pop/rock track with a heart of gold. Its message will be clear during warm-up. It speaks of how the good and fair things that the players do will find their way back to them.
- "Scream" by Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson When your players need to blow off steam, play this great song with deep meaning. It was recorded by the brother and sister pop music legends, and it has a super high energy level. It's especially great to play when the team is on a losing streak. It can help get them motivated and take the pressure off by singing or screaming along.
- "4 Minutes" with Madonna and Justin Timberlake Although certainly not what the singers originally intended by the song, it can be a great warm-up and starter for reminding the players that even a minute or four minutes of the game matters. Four minutes can make or break a game.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …