Knowing about the best beaches for snorkeling in Bermuda is essential if you plan on visiting this tropical destination anytime soon. From Horseshoe Bay Beach to John Smith’s Bay, there are many stunningly beautiful beaches in Bermuda to explore by snorkeling.
- Horseshoe Bay Beach. Located in the Southampton Parish, Horseshoe Bay Beach is one of the best beaches for snorkeling in Bermuda due to its clear waters and unique animal species. Horseshoe Bay is Bermudas most famous beach and well suited for families to enjoy.
- Church Bay. Also located in the Southampton Parish, Church Bay is another one of the best beaches for snorkeling in Bermuda. One of the best things about this snorkeling hotspot, besides its visually appealing pink sands and crystal clear water, is that its reefs are close to the shore providing shelter from the waves. Be sure to bring along a camera as many popular fish, such as the parrot fish, live in this particular area.
- Tobacco Bay. If you’re looking to peacefully observe underwater life in its natural environment, then snorkeling at Tobacco Bay is a must. This beach can get pretty crowded during afternoons, so plan on snorkeling before lunch.
- John Smith’s Bay. Located in Smith’s Parish, John Smith’s Bay is another one of the best beaches for snorkeling in Bermuda. A lifeguard is always on duty during May to September, making it a safe place to snorkel with your family.
- West Whale Bay. Not only is West Whale Bay one of the most beautiful beaches in Bermuda, it’s also one of the best beaches for snorkeling in Bermuda. There are many great sea species to be seen at this particular beach yet if possible try and plan your snorkeling expedition in April as that’s when the magnificent whales tend to stop by.