The best beers in the world are made by large breweries and micro breweries the world over. Beer drinkers from everywhere enjoy these beers in large numbers, making them tops in popularity and sales. These beers range from dark to light, with many of them falling in between. Some are little known except by the faithful who drink them, while others maintain a high-visibility profile in the public eye. For beer connoisseurs, these beers should be on your list of beers to try.
- Natural Light: Made by Anheuser-Busch, Natural light is one of the easiest beers to find. Available in just about in beer or store, this beer is available all year round. At 95 calories in each twelve ounce bottle, it's a favorite of those who prefer light beer.
- Budweiser Select: Another Anheuser-Busch product, Budweiser Select is available all year and easily found the world over, in both taverns and liquor stores.
- Guinness Draught: This dark, foamy stout is available all year round and particularly popular on St. Patrick's Day. Brewed by Guinness LTD in Ireland.
- Coopers Sparkling Ale: A product of Coopers Brewery in Australia. English pale ale with slight citrus and honey overtones. This ale is available year round.
- Miller High Life: Miller Brewing Company in Milwaukee, Wisconsin brews this popular beer, referred to as the champagne of beers. Available all year round and brewed since 1903.
- Horizon Red Ale: Found in thirteen states and brewed year round by the Summit Brewing CO in St. Paul, Minnesota, Horizon Red Ale is a reddish amber brew with a slightly spicy and fruity taste.
- Sink the Bismarck: This is rumored to be the strongest beer in existence at 41 percent ABV. Made by Brewdog in Scotland, Sink the Bismarck has an very limited availability and is not available in the United States at all.
- Oaked Arrogant Bastard: The Stone Brewing Company brews Arrogant Bastard beers year round. Oaked Arrogant Bastard is available in 35 states. It has a reddish brown color and a mix of orange, malt and caramel flavors.
- Avery Ellie's Brown Ale: Brewed in Boulder, CO by the Avery Brewing CO, this ale is available all year in most states. The ale offers hints of vanilla, chocolate and nuts, making it a favorite with the ladies as well as the men.
- Bud Light: Another Anheuser-Busch product available year round almost everywhere. A popular beer, known by name even by those who don't drink it.
- Alagash White: Maine Alagash is a Belgian-styled beer heavy on wheat. Available year round.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Beer Brain: Sam Adams’ Kosmic Mother Funk
This private-reserve beer drinks like a fine port or brandy.
10 Social-Media Problems Ello Solves
From privacy to nudity—why the Anti-Facebook's time has come.