Some of the best pace cars NASCAR fans have seen include the best Brickyard 400 pace cars. Only eleven pace cars can officially be called Brickyard 400 pace cars. From the inaugural NASCAR race at the Indianapolis Speedway in 1994 until 2005 when the race became known as the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard, only Chevrolet pace cars have crossed that yard of bricks.
- 2002 Brickyard 400 Pace Car. This Superior Blue 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS sports “TAZ” and Galaxy Silver ground effects. The Tasmanian Devil is the official mascot for Team Monte Carlo.
- 1999 Brickyard 400 Pace Car. This was the introduction to the new Monte Carlo body style as a Brickyard pace car. This red Monte Carlo SS had black and yellow graphics and with “Taz” on the rear quarter panels hanging on.
- 1994 Brickyard 400 Pace Car. A Monte Car was the first pace car to lead NASCAR drives around the track at the Indianapolis Speedway. This 1995 Monte Carlo Z34 was bright white with purple graphics and the Brickyard 400 logo on the door.
- 1995 Brickyard 400 Pace Car. This Chevrolet C/K 1500 has a claim to fame like no other pace car. It is the only time a truck was run as a pace car at the Brickyard 400. The white paint job sported colorful graphics and the Brickyard logo on the door.
- 2003 Brickyard 400 Pace Car. With a paint scheme that mimicked orange color of the #20 Home Depot Chevrolet, some people loved it while other hated it. The official "10 Years Running” Brickyard decal was on the door.
What were you doing the day after your 20th birthday? Trevor Bayne was winning the Daytona freakin’ 500. This Sunday he’ ...
Wide swaths of empty seats at Talladega. Acre upon acre of the same at Charlotte, NASCAR's spiritual home and the backya ...
Perhaps the only thing hotter than Nationwide Series drivers Amber and Angela Cope's looks is their need for speed. Two ...