Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ever
Want the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever? Even if you’re not an expert baker, you can make these delicious chocolate chip cookies with very little effort and a few basic ingredients you probably already have in your cupboards. If you have a hankering for an easy to make chocolate treat, then you’ll need this recipe for the best chocolate chip cookies ever.
To make the best chocolate chip cookies ever, you’ll need:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 sticks of butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Mixing bowls (one large and one small)
- Measuring cup
- 2 large baking sheets
- Mixing spoon
- Preheat and prepare. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit for ten minutes. While the oven is preheating, take your two sticks of butter out of the refrigerator and allow them to soften to room temperature. To speed up the butter softening, you should place the sticks of butter (still in their wrappers on top of your stovetop). The heat from the oven will soften the butter.
- Combine Ingredients. In your large mixing bowl, mix together your flour, baking soda and salt. In the smaller mixing bowl beat together two eggs, softened butter and white and brown sugar. Make sure the sugar melts into the wet ingredients and doesn’t have any lumps. When well combined, pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Add chips and nuts. When your cookie dough mixture is thoroughly mixed, add your chocolate chips and chopped nuts. One reason this is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever, is the mixture of yummy chocolate and nuts. Pecans, walnuts and macadamia nuts are nice choices. If you don’t like nuts you can omit them or add some raisins instead.
- Scoop dough. Onto your un-greased, unlined cookie sheets, scoop heaping tablespoons of chocolate chip dough two to three inches apart. The cookies will flatten and spread as they bake, so don’t put them too close together.
- Bake and Eat. Put the chocolate chip cookies in the oven and bake for twenty to 25 minutes. The cookies should be slightly soft and golden brown when they are finished baking. Transfer all of the cookies onto a wire rack and let them cool slightly before serving. Enjoy with an ice cold glass of milk while patting yourself on the back for making the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever.