Best Christmas Cookie Recipes
You've been invited to a party and the host asked you to make dessert using one of your best Christmas cookie recipes. Don't freak out. Add Christmas embellishments to a basic cookie recipe and no one will know the difference.
What you'll need:
- Cooking spray
- Four cups of flour
- One and one-fourth cup of brown sugar
- One and one-fourth cup of white sugar
- Two tsp. cream of tartar
- Two tsp. of baking soda
- One tsp. salt
- One one-fourth cup of butter
- Three eggs
- Two tsp. vanilla
- Half cup of chocolate chips
- Half cup of nuts
- Green sugar
- Cinnamon/peppermint candies
- Two cookie sheets
- Mixing bowl
- Christmas themed cookie cutters
- Prepare the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the cookie sheets. Spray two cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Wet ingredients. Soften the butter at room temperature and mix butter with the eggs in a medium mixing bowl. Add vanilla to the butter and egg mixture.
- Dry ingredients. Combine the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Mix it all up. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Divide the dough in half. Add the chocolate chips to one half of the dough and the nuts to the other half. Try to avoid eating the cookie dough or there won't be enough Christmas cookies for your friends.
- First variety. Scoop the dough with chocolate chips with a tablespoon and roll each into a ball. Place on a cookie sheet approximately one and a half inches apart.
- Second variety. Flour a flat surface and roll out the dough with nuts. Using Christmas themed cookie cutters, cut out shapes. Place on a cookie sheet approximately one and a half inches apart. Sprinkle the cookies with green sugar.
- Bake the cookies for approximately ten minutes. Remove from oven.
- Chocolate chip cookies. The chocolate chip cookies are fine without any decorations, so set them aside.
- Decorated cookies. The Christmas themed shaped cookies with nuts can be decorated with additional cinnamon or peppermint candies by pressing the candy into the cookies while they're still warm.
Your friends will be impressed when you show up bearing such delicious treats. They'll all want your Christmas cookie recipes. It's up to you whether or not you want them to know how easy it is to make them.