Best Cities For Singles
The best cities for singles not only have a lot of singles, the cities have places to get out and meet other single people. While the definition of "the best" may be up for debate, some folks who claim they have expertise gave this topic some worthwhile thought. The people at several magazines, including "Forbes," determined that "the best for singles" means: chances for finding a significant other, as well as a city that offers places like museums, bars and restaurants where singles can meet and greet.
- New York City. Granted, NYC as a singles center depends on the part of the city you live and your ability to get around, but The Big Apple ranks high for the best cities for singles. New York has the Metropolitan Museum, Central Park, and a ton of coffee shops and restaurants. All are perfect places for singles to meet and greet.
- Boston. Bean Town also ranks high on the lists of the best cities for singles. Cycling routes along the waterfront offer a chance to meet up with other singles. The restaurant and bar scene, even in the winter, offers more chance meeting places.
- Chicago. The Windy City offers restaurants and bars along Michigan Avenue and State Street, as well as a bustling jazz music district. Singles can meet up with other unattached folks by attending art gallery and museum exhibit galleries. Take a hike or go cycling in Grant Park and meet up with other singles on park benches.
- Seattle. This city may have rain and a bit of snow, but it also has many bars and eateries for meeting up for singles. Seattle museums and bookstores should also be on a list for singles looking for other singles.
- Washington, D.C. The single politicos in the District of Columbia may have little time during the work day for flirting, but cocktail time after work is another story. Head on over to Georgetown for a tapas or drink to visit with other singles during the workweek.
- Atlanta. The city has Atlanta Underground and a host of restaurants in the downtown and Peachtree Park area. Atlanta also has many parks, walkways and cycling paths for outdoorsy type to meet up.
- San Francisco. The City by the Bay has the waterfront, downtown and waterside parks for eating your lunch, as well as a host of museums for singles to meet other singles. San Francisco also makes the top list for singles for both heterosexual and homosexual groups.
- Los Angeles. The City of Angeles has beaches, parks, art and history museums and meet up centers in music clubs and bars along Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards. Greater LA includes a half dozen beaches to meet and greet other singles.
- Milwaukee. Milwaukee also makes the best cities for singles list. Take a walk in the Floral Show Dome during the many displays during the year to meet other singles.
- Philadelphia. Philly is a friendly city and meets the criteria for a slot on the best cities for singles list. Take in a Phillies' baseball game to meet up with sports fans.
- Austin. The music restaurant, bar and coffee shop scene in Austin offers multiple chances to meet up with other single people, according to the experts at "Forbes." Austin also has miles of hiking and cycling trails, another great place to meet up with people.
- San Diego. The beaches in San Diego are a natural for meet ups, as is the bar scene around the University of San Diego and San Diego State University. Take a walk through the museums at Balboa Park for more chances to meet with other singles.