The best coaches of Indian cricket earn their spot on the leadership boards because they coached the Indian National Cricket Team, one of the most diverse and challenging profiles of any professional or veteran in the sport. The national cricket team of the country comprises of players coming from different corners of the country with different traits and skills.
- Gary Kirsten. Mr. Kirsten emerged on the scene as a candidate for the post in November 2007. He officially joined the team as a cricket coach in March 2008 and successfully coached the team to the finals of Asia Cup 2008 and the Kitply Cup. It was under his mentorship that the team beat Australia at home with a 2-0 lead.
- John Wright. Mr. Wright is another leader on the list of best coaches of Indian cricket teams list. His tenure with the team from 2000 to 2005 saw it improve tremendously. The team went on to win a test series against Australia that included the famous Kolkata test in which VVS Laxman’s 281 not out brought the team back from follow-on.
- Kapil Dev. Another big name in the list of best Indian cricket team coaches list is that of Kapil Dev. The former Indian skipper took over as the coach of the team in 1999. The team went on to make a stunning ODI series win against New Zealand in their home. This was Kapil Dev’s biggest series win as the national coach.
- Anshuman Gaekwad. Coaching the Indian Cricket team from 1997 to 1999, Anshuman Gaekwad, the former Indian batsman known popularly as the “Great Wall” for his patient and defensive batting, coached the team in two breaks during his tenure. He rightfully sits on the list of best Indian cricket team coaches.
- Ajit Wadekar. Holding the post of Indian cricket coach from 1992 to 1996, Ajit Wadekar is one of the few cricketers to have been the coach, manager, captain, player and even the Chairman of the Selectors. Only Lala Amarnath and Chandu Borde have had so much distinction.
- Madan Lal. Mandan Lal remained the coach of the Indian National Coach from September 1996 to September 1997. Mr Lal adds position diversity to any team, and presently, the former bowler-cum-batsman, coaches the Delhi Giants in the Indian Cricket League.
- Chandu Borde. Chandu Borde coached the Indian cricket team for a short period from 2007 to 2008 and held the post of manager at different times. He holds the distinction for becoming the Chairman of the Selection Committee twice in 1984 and 1999, and therefore, earns a spot on the best Indian cricket team coaches list.
- Robin Singh. Robin Singh earns a spot on the best Indian cricket team coaches list because the former great fielder of the team continued his fielding experience as the fielding coach of the team until 2009. Presently, he coaches the Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.