Best Colleges In USA
The best colleges in the USA might surprise you. The common big-name USA colleges among the public and private sector are well-known for their long-standing reputations. Cambridge, Harvard, Princeton and Yale are just a few of these colleges that come to mind. However, the student's viewpoints have changed in this modern era with the statistical data used to measure their achievements as proof of these rather shocking rankings.
- Williams College. A small, private college nestled in the backwoods of the Berkshire Mountains since 1793. Williams had a student population of 2,072 with a 91% graduation rate in 2010. Williams also has over 40% of its student body enrolled as a varsity athlete. Notable Alumni include James A. Garfield, Stephen Sondheim and Arthur Levitt.
- Princeton University. Princeton University remains at the top as one of the best colleges in the USA. Princeton's student population consisted of 7,330 with a 90% graduation rate. A mere 19% of the student population are also enrolled as a varsity athlete. Notable Alumni include Michelle Obama, Sonia Sotomayor, General David Petraeus.
- Amherst College. Amherst College residing in Massachusetts admitted a total student population of 1,697 with an 85% graduation rate making it in the top of five of the best colleges in the USA. Nearly 31% of the student body population are enrolled as a varsity athlete. Notable Alumni include Joseph Stiglitz, Dan Brown, Harlan Coben and Scott Turow.
- West Point: The United States Military Academy. West Point had an overall student population body of 4,553 with a 76% graduation rate in 2010. Notable Alumni include Colonel Timothy Kopra and Craig Mullaney.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The Massachusetts Institute of Technology had a student population of 10,299 with an 82% graduation rate, which ranks it within the top five best colleges in the USA. Only 17.7% of the total student body population are enrolled as varsity athletes. Notable Alumni include Alex Rigopulos, Captain Catherine Coleman and Gregory Palm.