Offering seating for the whole family with the styling of a combination of a station wagon and a sports-utility vehicle, the best crossover vehicles blend comfort, fuel economy and options. Of the best crossover vehicles on the market, many feature four-wheel drive, a third row of seats and top accessories like navigation systems, DVD players and satellite radio. The top crossover vehicles also range in price, from as low as around $16,000 to as much as nearly $90,000.
- Infinity EX Listed as the best luxury compact crossover vehicle for the money by "U.S. News Rankings & Reviews", the Infinity EX was praised for it's sporty handling and top safety features. At between $33,000 and $37,000 for a 2011 model, this best crossover vehicle is also listed as one of the most stylish in its line.
- Mazda CX-9 Equipped with a 263-hp 3.5-liter V6 for a balance of speed and fuel economy, the Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring was ranked the best crossover vehicle by "Popular Mechanics." The CX-9 was described by the magazine as the most spacious as it is able to carry a large family in "a downright sexy package."
- Chevrolet Traverse If towing power is a priority when selecting the best crossover vehicle, AOL Autos recommends the Chevy Traverse. At 5,200 pounds, the Traverse boasts towing power for a boat or trailer along with three rows of seating and 24 miles-per-gallon fuel economy.
- Lexus RX 350 Ranked by "U.S. News Rankings & Reviews" as the best luxury modsize crossover for the money, the Lexus RX 350 features the elegance known from the Lexus brand for around $37,000. Reviewers enjoyed the cargo space, optional hybrid model and superior safety ratings of the RX 350 as well.
- Honda CR-V As the most popular and best-selling crossover vehicle, the Honda CR-V is also one of the most affordable with base models selling for around $20,000. Additional options include three trim models, front or all-wheel drive and numerous safety features such as Vehicle Stability Assist with traction control.
- Ford Escape The Ford Escape trails the Honda CR-V as the second-best-selling crossover vehicle in the United States. As a mid-size crossover SUV with an estimated 23 MPG city and 28 MPG on the highway, the Escape sold over 18,000 models in February 2011 alone.
- Toyota RAV4 Second in the ranks for the most popular crossover vehicles, the Toyota RAV4 is regarded as a pioneer in the compact SUV market. With an available third-row seat, the small crossover can seat a full family of seven.
- Hyundai Veracruz Limited The largest crossover vehicle produced by Hyundai, the Veracruz Limited is ranked the second-best crossover vehicle by "Popular Mechanics." Editors praised the model for its upscale interior features like an MP3 player dock, refrigerated center console and leather seats.
- Chevrolet Equinox Recommended by the editors at "Edmunds," the Chevy Equinox is described as stylish and comfortable, making it their pick for the best crossover vehicle. It is also the most fuel efficient on the market with 32 highway miles per gallon from its four-cylinder engine and quiet cabin.
- Mazda Tribute As one of the most inexpensive crossover vehicles on the market, the Mazda Tribune base model sells for as little as $20,090. The compact crossover can be ordered with two engines, a four cylinder or six cylinder, and can reach fuel economy of as much as 28 miles per gallon on the highway.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …