Best Disney Songs
The best Disney songs can reconnect you back to your childhood days. They all contain a sense of magic, wonder, and imagination. The songs are featured in movies about mermaids, living toys, and exotic animals. Listen for these famous tunes the next time that you screen a Disney movie.
- “The Circle of Life” This song opens for the film, “The Lion King,” which takes place on the open savannahs of Africa. The best Disney song is not only a beautiful musical piece, but also sends a message about nature, life, and death. Elton John sang this track on the movie’s soundtrack.
- “Part of Your World” The film is featured in “The Little Mermaid” and is sung by the heroine, Ariel. The movie is a fantastical tale, but heart wrenching at times, and this song captures Ariel pining for life on land.
- “You Got a Friend In Me” This song about friendship through the years comes from the original “Toy Story.” Randy Newman sang the best Disney song, about a toy cowboy named Woody and his human owner.
- “Colors of the Wind” This Disney song has been song by a number of musicians due its beautiful melody. The song appears in the animated film “Pocahontas” when the heroine attempts to teach John Smith about nature.
- “When You Wish Upon A Star” The beautiful, best song is also one of Disney’s oldest. The tune comes from the 1940 classic, “Pinocchio,” about a puppet who longs to be a real boy and finds hope in the stars.
- “A Whole New World” The song is featured in the film “Aladdin,” during a romantic carpet ride shared between Aladdin and his love, Jasmine. This best Disney song is a beautiful duet that is complemented by great visuals of the two lovebirds soaring through the sky.
- “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” Who cannot include this song, famous for its ridiculous length, but so easy to memorize? The best Disney song comes from the classic movie “Mary Poppins,” starring Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke.
- “Beauty and the Beast” This best Disney song is from the film of the same name. The song is one of Disney’s most romantic and plays during a beautiful scene of the Beast and Belle dancing in an extraordinary ballroom.