The best drunk music playlist contains classic songs that people enjoy listening to when they are inebriated. Much drunk music involves songs about drinking and some of them are by popular singers who were known as party animals. Here is the best drunk music playlist.
- "Fairytale of New York" Pogues. This drunk music classic starts by mentioning the "drunk tank" and the Pogues lead singer Shane MacGowan became a "professional drinker" not long after it was released. The song be heard on the radio every year at Christmas, although it is one of the few songs specific to the holiday that people listen to year round.
- "Alabama Song" The Doors. Also known as "The Whisky Bar" song, this whimsical favorite does not have a lot of depth to it but the organ music has the tempo of a stumbling drunk and Jim Morrison sounds like he has had a few beers. If a song is about drinking, and it sounds as if the performers have been drinking then it has to be on the best drunk music playlist.
- "Margaritaville" Jimmy Buffett. In this song Jimmy Buffett describes a delightful place where people can happily waste away doing nothing but enjoy drinks containing lemon juice and Tequila. Margaritaville sounds like a great destination and this slow moving song provides great background music for any playlist especially when you are lounging around and getting drunk.
- "Little Ole Wine Drinker Me" Dean Martin. This Dean Martin effort remains popular with boozed up pensioners and shows no signs of fading away. Crooner Dean produced many songs that would fit well into a music playlist and this alcohol themed song is one of the best.
- "Drunken Sailor" Anonymous. Long before drunken rock singers were trashing hotel rooms sailors had a reputation for going on the booze. This song is a popular ditty that has been around for centuries and remains a drunk playlist fixture.
- "Tubthumping" Chumbawamba. Chumbawamba makes great drunk music and this early hit is their best effort to date. The English band managed to make a song about getting smashed that is perfect for dancing and singing to when you are totally hammered.
- "I Hardly Ever Sing Beer Drinking Songs" Johnny Cash. While Johnny Cash hardly ever sang beer drinking songs he did sing this one and it is a great drunk playlist contender. Mr Cash enjoyed a drink or two during his life and his music reflects that, but he remains one of the most popular singers ever.
- "Whiskey in the Jar" Dubliners. Anyone who has ever been to Dublin knows that people there like to drink and listen to music while doing so. The Dubliners are the kind of band you find in pubs all over Ireland except they are much more talented and produce music good enough to go on the drunk playlist of any jukebox.
- "Have a Drink on Me" AC/DC. The seventies rockers AC/DC knew how to party although they did not generally write a lot of drunk music. This song was about sharing a whisky and it has the right kind of tempo for keeping hammered dancers on their feet.
- "Gin and Juice" Snoop Dogg. Rapper Snoop Dogg tends to sing about drugs more than drink but he has contributed to a lot of music playlists and this early hit is one of his best. The sleepy eyed star may not seem like the gin drinking type but he has more depth than some people realize.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.