If you are interested in horseback riding, you should learn about the best equestrian riders. The following equestrian riders compete in a broad discipline of equestrian categories. Most of the following riders compete at the international level and most have been to the Olympics as equestrian riders. Here are some of the best equestrian riders:
- Becky Holder. Becky Holder is one of the best equestrian riders. Holder competed in the 2008 Olympics in Bejing, China. Holder is an eventing equestrian rider, which is an equestrian discipline similar to jumping, except instead of traditional jumps, there are obstacles such as logs and ditches. In addition to competing in the Olympic Games in eventing, Holder won the 2007 Adequan USEA Gold Cup Series Championship.
- Beezie Madden. Beezie Madden is an equestrian rider who competes in jumping. Madden also participated in the 2008 Olympics in Beijing and won a bronze medal in individual Olympic jumping and a gold medal in team jumping. Madden also won a gold medal for team jumping in the 2004 Olympic games in Athens. Beezie Madden was also the first American woman equestrian rider to place in the Top Three in the Show Jumping World Ranking List Madden received this honor in 2004.
- Ian Millar. Ian Millar is one of the best equestrian riders who competes in jumping. Miller is from Canada and he has won the Canadian Show Jumping Championship nine times as of 2011. Millar was inducted into the Canadian Hall of fame in 1996. Millar's horse, Big Ben, who retired in 1994 was also inducted into the Canadian Hall of fame.
- Eric Lamaze. Lamaze is one of the best equestrian riders who is also from Canada. Lamaze competed in the 2008 Beijing Olympics on his horse, Hickstead. Lamaze won Canada's first ever individual Olympic medal in show jumping at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Lamaze has been suspended on more than one occasion for testing positive for substances that are banned in Grand Prix competitions.
- McLain Ward. McLain Ward is one of the best equestrian riders. Ward won a gold medal in the 2004 Olympic games in Athens for team show jumping. In 2010, Ward was disqualified from the World Cup Jumping event because his horse, Sapphire, was allegedly displaying sensitivity in one leg. Ward has been one of the best equestrian riders from an early age and at age fourteen Ward won the USET Medal Finals and the USET Talent Derby.