Best GPS Systems For Cars
You've been out shopping for the best GPS systems for cars, and have probably noticed the wide difference in price, brand names and capabilities. The brands of Garmin, TomTom and Magellan are very popular and come in a wide range of prices. However, there are some new names coming to the front of the line like Mio and Navigon. The type you get really depends on what you want to use it for. Whether you just want to get to where you're going, or you also want to check your stock portfolio on the way, here are some of the best GPS systems for cars. This list includes the most well known systems, but with different price and capability ranges.
- Garmin nuvi 880. This one of the best GPS systems for cars has a ranking of 9.7 out of 10 on the US News ranking and reviews. This GPS system is on the higher end, and runs about $800.00. It's stuffed with features like local news and movie information, as well as very accurate navigation. It also has a great voice recognition capability, and a screen size of 4.3 inches wide. It's considered to be a solid partnership of design and practical use capability.
- Garmin nuvi 205. This system is in a more affordable price range clocking in at about $200.00. This one of the best GPS systems for cars is ranked at a 9.2. It has a smaller screen than the nuvi 880 measuring in at 3.5 inches, and no text to voice capability. However, it was redesigned to offer a faster processor, and a real traffic connection. Reviewers enjoy its minimalist design and ease of use.
- TomTom GO 920T. TomTom has great navigation capabilities and an appealing design. It's ranked at 8.8 out of 10, and comes at a price tag of $350.00 making it one of the best GPS systems for cars. It's screen size is 4.3 inches, it has voice command and Bluetooth connectivity. It also has maps of North America and 41 other countries. Just in case.
- TomTom ONE 130. This one of the best GPS systems for cars is on the more affordable end, although it still has great features. The price comes in at $150.00, and it's ranked at 8.4 out of 10. It has text to speech and a Helpme! feature. The screen size is 3.5 inches and you better bring a car adaptor if you're going any distance longer than 2 hours. There are complaints about being able to hear the voice directions, but it's a great entry level GPS system at this price and from this well respected manufacturer..
- Mio DigiWalker C520. The Mio brand name is one of the best GPS systems for cars that's really making its way into the market. The Digiwalker C520 is priced at about $300.00, and ranks at an 8.5 out of 10. It contains a 4.3 inch screen, an MP3 and video player. It has a split screen feature so you can look up other information while still being able to view the map. Mio is giving the more established GPS systems a serious run for their money.