Gymnastics is a highly competitive sport that often uses the best gymnastics climbing ropes in the training facilities and in competition. In addition to using these ropes in gymnastics, these ropes are also present in many school gymnasiums for physical education classes and other sport training classes. Not choosing the right rope could result in brittle ropes that will bruise the user easily. The powerhouse manufacturers of gymnastics climbing ropes are Dacron and Stackhouse.
- The best gymnastics climbing ropes are manila gym climbing ropes. This type of rope has been dubbed as “grade a” rope because of its durable and superior material. This material is the best because it offers the best grip and is able to absorb the perspiration that may happen while climbing. Most professional gymnastics facilities use this type of rope.
- Another great material that creates amazing gymnastics climbing ropes is the polypro material dubbed as the “unmanila” gym climbing ropes. This type of rope has the same look and the same feel as the natural manila gym climbing ropes. Therefore, the texture of the rope allows for a good grip on the ropes. Most elementary schools use this type of rope.
- The 2” thick manila gymnastics climbing ropes are available for those that are expert climbers and look for more of a grip challenge than the regular climbing ropes. This high level of difficulty type of rope comes in five standard lengths: 15, 18, 20, 22, 24 and custom feet lengths. The material it is made from is of the aforementioned “grade a” 3-strand material. This rope is equipped to prevent unraveling.
- The next more popular type of gymnastics climbing ropes is the 1.5” manila climbing ropes. These ropes are able to intrigue the everyday climber that is not looking for any harder challenges. This type of rope is also best for those beginning the rope climbing exercise. This climbing rope is durable enough to withstand climbing upside down as well as climbing without the use of legs.
- The polyplus type of gymnastic climbing rope is made of materials that enable the rope to remain outside for long periods. Because it withstands harsh weather, the polyplus 1.5” climbing rope has a different climbing experience than its indoor climbing rope counterparts. The lightweight synthetic and polyester fabric acts as a moisture repellent protecting the rope.
- For those that need less of a challenge, the Knotted Workstation Rope is a great climbing rope to begin with. It is small enough for preschooler hands and durable enough to withstand multiple climbers at once. This thin rope may look smaller and less functional than the other climbing ropes, but, it performs the same. The only difference is the diameter of the the rope.
- The ceiling hardware comes separately from whichever type of chosen rope. This hardware is necessary to have a functional rope climbing apparatus. It connects to the ceiling and normally connects to a sturdy metal piece that is bolted down to the ceiling. It allows the apparatus to move freely but maintain a steady point of contact with the connection point.
- Every type of climbing ropes ship with knots or without knots. The knots help those less experienced climbers to get to the top of the rope faster. For those that are more experienced the knots can be spaced out further or not on the rope at all. This forces the climber to maneuver up the rope relying only on their upper body strength.
- Another customizable feature of climbing ropes is the rubber ball stops. This is an alternative to the knots. The rubber ball stops also provide comfortable resting points along the rope. The non-slip ball stops also allow the climber to re-grip the rope properly at each stop.
- All great gymnastics climbing ropes are equipped with heat shrink tubing on the ends of the ropes. This apparatus stops the rope from unraveling and from splinting up from repeated use.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?