Selecting the best Han Solo quotes, Star Wars, is a difficult undertaking considering the character offers no end of sarcasm and dry humor. While Harrison Ford’s Han Solo is only featured in the original Trilogy movies-“A New Hope,” “The Empire Strikes Back,” and “Return of the Jedi”-the character remains one of the favorite "Star Wars" icons. The follow is a list of the top 10 best Han Solo quotes from the entire "Star Wars" trilogy:
- “Great, kid. Don't get cocky.” Han Solo to Luke in “A New Hope,” which emphasizes the hilarious double standard at play between the two characters. Luke eventually becomes an accomplished Jedi, but Han Solo was cocky even as just a pilot and a smuggler.
- "I still get a funny feeling about that old man and the kid. I'm not sure what it is about them, but they're trouble." Han Solo to Chewbacca, speaking of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker, in “A New Hope.”
- "Look, I ain't in this for your revolution, and I'm not in it for you, princess. I expect to be well paid. I'm in it for the money." Han Solo to Princess Leia in “A New Hope,” illustrating his conviction to remain the unattached Rogue, hiding behind his façade of greed and arrogance.
- "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han to Luke Skywalker in “A New Hope.” Little did Han know that Luke would eventually become a master at both a “hokey religion” and “ancient weapons.”
- "One thing's for sure, we're all gonna be a lot thinner!" Always the optimist, Han Solo to Luke and Leia during the trash compactor scene in “A New Hope.”
- “My hands are dirty, too. What are you afraid of?" Han to Leia in “The Empire Strikes Back,” after she said: "Stop that. My hands are dirty.” One of the early indicators of the growing affection between the pair.
- “You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.” Han to Leia, channeling classic Rhett Butler and Scarlett O’Hara; Rhett informed Scarlett that what she needed was to be kissed properly, and she thought him a scoundrel.
- "I know." Hans famous response to Leia’s desperate, first “I love you,” just before facing the carbonite freeze. Leia later retaliated with her own “I know” response, on Endor.
- “Still, she's got a lot of spirit. I don't know, whaddya think? You think a princess and a guy like me…” Han to Luke, regarding Princess Leia and his growing affections for her, in “The Empire Strikes Back.”
- “Look, Your Worshipfulness, let's get one thing straight. I take orders from just one person: me.” Han Solo to Princess Leia in a perfect display of Han’s Roguish demeanor and fierce independence, and his reluctance to truly develop relationships.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
25 Enlightening Quotes About Being a Gentleman
What’s your definition of a perfect gent? LL Cool J, Lea Michele, Andy Samberg and friends weigh in.