It’s a whole new year, but it’s so hard to forget the best hip hop songs of 2010. 2010 was filled with lots of killer beats and sick lyrics, so it’s difficult to let some of the best hip hop songs of the year 2010 be forgotten. If you’re ready to relive the greatest songs that hit radios in 2010, check out this list of the greatest hip hop songs of last year.
- Rick Ross – B.M.F. (Blowin' Money Fast). This song was widely accepted as one of the most baller hip hop songs of the year. When you think about the term “street single,” this should be one of the first songs to come to mind due to the tense lyrics and power behind the music. It first premiered in May of 2010, and it was to be heard the rest of the year in clubs and cars throughout the U.S. There was no denying that “B.M.F.” would one of the most influential and sick hip hop songs of the year.
- Drake – Over. This was no doubt, one of the hardest tracks to hit record stores and clubs in 2010. It was intentionally selected by Drake to be his first hit from “Thank Me Later,” and it was produced by Boi-1da. Boi-1da was the same producer that helped Drake put out other successful hits such as “Forever” and “Best I Ever Had.” The song basically put Drake on the map, and it’s obvious he hasn’t left ever since.
- Kanye West – Power. This was one of Kanye's more unique offerings, but nevertheless, it was rightfully welcomed and widely celebrated. “Power” turned out being a huge hit in America, and it was partly in thanks to a new producer that Kanye began working with named, “S1.” It was quite a comeback from Kanye himself, and fans got just what they were anticipating.
- Trey Songz feat. Nicki Minaj – Bottoms Up. This incredible duo sure did bring the fire when “Bottoms Up” was released as the lead single from the album, “Passion, Pain & Pleasure.” For never having worked together on another track, the two brought so much fire and swag to the song and it turned out being one of the most respected tracks of the year. It can still be heard playing in bars and clubs all across the country to this day.
- Lil Wayne and Drake – Right Above It. This track debuted quickly in August of 2010, causing buzz among fans about how great the two had performed together once again. It was Lil’ Wayne’s next biggest hit following “Got Money” in the year of 2008. With Drake’s sweet and smooth vocals and Lil Wayne’s raw and blunt lyrics, the song ended up being one of the best hip hop songs. It was, no doubt, highly valued and embraced by fans all around.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Now Fat and Scruffy, Mark-Paul Gosselaar Tells Us All About ...
The man formerly known as Zack Morris is hairier, heftier and playing a Major League catcher in the new FOX show.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.