Best Horseback Riding Apparel
Like other sports, horseback riding requires the right kind of equipment in order to participate in it successfully, that's why choosing the best kinds of horseback riding apparel is essential for the serious equestrian rider. From dress saddles to boots dress coats, choosing the best kinds of horseback riding apparel comes down to five basic categories.
- Quality is an important aspect of horseback riding apparel. Choose items that are of the highest quality that you can afford. When you invest in the finest and best quality kinds of horseback riding apparel, it will usually last for many years. The more high performance variety is often quite stylish and always a safe bet, as well. Compare prices, but keep in mind that quality will go much farther than a mere bargain.
- Jodhpurs are horseback riding pants which can be as stylish as they are functional. Ensure that you get the correct size, so that they are suitable for all of the kinds of riding you may do, from casual to games or shows. Choose Jodhpur pants that are sized well so that if you wanted to add a comfort patch, it would be possible. Usually, patches are added inside of the knee and made of leather or a similarly bendable fabric.
- Chaps are a kind of horseback riding apparel that many riders choose, as they can be an excellent fit over yard or Jodhpur boots. This can give a rider extra comfort and grip just like long boots might, but allow one to save those for other activities, such as shows. Choose from two kinds, either the full length variety that fit the hip to the ankle region. Or half chaps, which cover the lower half of the leg. These can also function as a warming device and are made in many different kinds of material.
- Riding Boots are one of the more important pieces of horseback riding apparel for a number of reasons. First, the sole and heal is designed to be a safety tool in horseback riding. It protects the feet and can also make it easier to effect certain riding techniques. It should be constructed of tough material with a good grip and adequate tread, so that the foot does not slip through the stirrup. Choose boots according to the height you prefer and what kind of riding you will be doing.
- Riding Jackets are important horseback riding apparel pieces as a shielding device from the wind and for warmth. This is why even on warmer days, horseback riders can be seen with some kind of jacket. It is best to choose one that can be layered, so that it is multi-versatile. It is advisable to have different jackets for cold and wet conditions, however, as rain is an element for which there are special considerations. Any riding jacket should account for ease of movement, as well as for protection. There should be no areas that flap or contain areas in which a body part could become trapped, as this makes the garment unsafe.