Best Horseback Riding Clothes
The best horseback riding clothes provide durability and comfort. When horse and rider stride in concert, it's like dancing. Suitable horseback riding clothes depend on the style of riding you engage in. If you've ever watched an old cowboy movie, you are already familiar with the Western style of horseback riding. Western horses are usually more compact for long treks, so the best horseback riding clothes for Western style riding starts with durability.
- Proryders "Rocky Mountain" jeans are long-lasting. Western riders typically ride best in rugged, long-lasting jeans. Proryders "Rocky Mountain" jeans are boot cut five pocket jeans with no inner seams for ultimate comfort in the thighs. For seat comfort, these jeans sport a bi-elastic, synthetic leather seat that offers chafe protection.
- Stetson's relaxed fit medium stone jeans are some of the best horseback riding cowboy pants. These jeans have a mid rise and are relaxed fit through the thighs. Stetson's jeans run around $50 retail.
- Wrangler offers original fit jeans for original cowboys. These jeans make the best horseback riding clothes list because they are tough enough to be the official Pro Rodeo Competition jean. These five pocket styled pants retail around $35.
- Ely Cattlemen Shirts are some of the best horseback riding clothes. The shirts have been a favorite of rugged, Western riders since 1878. These shirts display classic Western style with two flap snap chest pockets, peaked, two ply front and back yokes and a fit that's not too slim or loose. Ely Cattleman shirts run about $25 retail.
- Orvis cotton, wrinkle-free shirts come top rated. These shirts make the best horseback riding clothes list because of their comfortable fit and durability. Orvis brand represents some of the softest wrinkle-free cotton shirts available.
- Cowboy hats are a vital part of a Western rider's gear. "Range Cowboy Hats" are some of the best horseback riding hats. These hats sport a smooth fur finish and come with an inside leather sweat band. Made in the USA, these hats retail at $180.
- Coolmax riding socks keep feet comfortable during the horseback ride. These socks help move moisture away from skin helping to make sweating feet feel more comfortable. They retail a little over $6.
- Ferrini Cowboy Boots are another favorite for horseback riders. A best horseback riding clothes list for Western riders would be incomplete without cowboy boots. Ferrinis are made of exotic leather and come in a variety of styles. Retailing around $150 and up, Ferrini boots are comfortable as well as durable boots for horse riding. Ferrini also carries waterproof boots for riding in inclement weather.
- Gunderson/Sunrise Batwing Chaps protect riding pants but allow for movement. Part of the Western ensemble for the best horseback riding clothes, chaps provide the ultimate in comfort for Western horseback riding. Especially suited for winter riding, these chaps are constructed of oiled-full grain leather for wear resistance. Chaps are designed to provide protection for horseback riders without hindering movement. Gunderson Batwing Chaps retail for around $180.
- Kakadu leather Western gloves are sleek and stylish. These gloves, made of oilskin and leather are waterproof and keep you warm and dry. Kakadu gloves retail at around $40.