When partaking in equestrian activities, it is important to have the best horseback riding gear on the market. This ranges from riding helmets, boots, saddles, and other items. You and your horse should have all the right gear before truly enjoying the sport. It will keep you safer, too.
Horseback riding has been a popular pastime and sport for centuries. As the sport has evolved, so has the horseback riding gear. Below is some of the best horseback riding gear available for you and your horse:
- King Series Western Trail Saddle. A saddle seems simple enough, but if you are going to be riding horses often, you’ll need a proper saddle. This is the most important horseback riding gear you’ll need besides a good horse. Finding a saddle the right size will ensure that you are properly seated on the horse. The King Series offers a lightweight saddle, a reinforced fiberglass tree and also provides leather covered stirrups.
- Thermal Winter Riding Boots. If you’re horseback riding in the cold, the last thing you want is cold feet – literally. A good pair of riding boots that are insulated with fleece (and even better, a waterproof membrane, will be exactly what you need to spend time with your horse regardless of the temperature outside or how much snow is on the ground.
- Evolution Micro Helmet by LAS. If you’re going to be doing horseback riding where it involves racing or jumping, you’ve got to have a helmet. LAS is a leader in safety and meets all the necessary regulations, but it is also classy, giving you a great look in the show ring. The outside is covered with microfiber and the inside is moisture insulated, so it will be comfortable for as long as your ride lasts.
- Tuffrider Chaps. Many people talk about chaps, but when you’re horseback riding, having a good pair will prevent friction against the horse and will often keep your leg still so it’s not swinging back and forth as you ride. These ones are affordable, so you won’t break the bank and they’re machine washable, too. Horseback riding just got easier with a pair of these.
- Monkey Butt Powder. Sure it’s funny, but it’s a lifesaver when you’re going riding for several hours. Chafing is one of the downsides to horseback riding, but it doesn’t have to be. Add this to your list of horseback riding gear and it will absorb sweat and prevent skin irritations.
Riding your horse can be a lot of fun, however having the right horseback riding gear will make it more enjoyable. Equestrian sports are one of the most expensive sports out there, but the gear doesn’t have to be. There are must haves when it comes to horseback riding gear but the most expensive item doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s the best. Gear up for your next horseback riding excursion with the above items and you’ll be pleasantly surprised with how much more you enjoyed your time.