The best Indian cricketers have excelled in cricket bowling and batting moves, either rustling up high scores or outlining several batsmen. Since its introduction to India in the 18th century, cricket's popularity has exploded in India. India's cricket council, the Board of Control for Cricket in India, is the wealthiest cricket council in the world.
- Gundappa Viswanath stands as one of the best Indian cricketers who made his mark as a batsman. Viswanath was involved in test cricket and one day international cricket matches, representing India. His unique style of batting distinguished himself as a batsman with perfect timing. He peaked in the 1970s, making over 6,000 runs in his fourteen-year cricket career. He mastered the square shot, a batting technique. The Board of Control for Cricket honored Viswanath for his outstanding contributions in 2009.
- Ranjitsinhji Vibhaji Jadeja, otherwise called, K. S. Ranjitsinji, was actually Indian royalty who earned the titles of maharaja, chancellor and Indian cricketer. He mostly played for the British team. He became famous as a first class cricketer for Cambridge University. Ranjitsinhji introduced some innovations to the game of cricket; for example, the leg glance, some bowling pitches and batsman strokes. Following his cricket career, he proceeded to represent India at the League of Nations (United Nations).
- Sunil Gavaskar is an illustrious Indian cricketer who rose to cricket fame during the 1970s and 1980s. He was India's strongest opening batsmen and was holder of a cricket world record: 34 test cricket centuries until it was broken in 2005. He was awarded the privilege of captaining the national team. Standing fearless against fast bowling, Gavaskar deftly deflected as a master batsman. Although he did not experience such outstanding success as a cricket captain, Gavaskar remains remembered for his contributions to Indian cricket.
- Anil Kumble is one of the best Indian cricketer, fast bowler and right-handed batsman. Entering the cricket field in the 1990s, Kumble is noted as a wicket-taker with perfect aim. He is numbered among the top two wicket takers in the world with over 900 in his cricket career. Kumble also executed skillfull spinners. After careful consideration, Kumble emerged as captain for the Indian team in 2000. He also took down all ten wickets in an innings.
- Sourav Ganguly made his mark as an Indian cricketer serving as a prolific batsman. He became the second Indian batsman to exceed 10,000 runs in his cricket career and excelled in several one-day international tournaments. Ganguly eventually captained the Indian cricket team for a very short period, yet retained the name of India's most successful test cricket captain. Ganguly also received the Padma Shri award from the Indian government. Retired from cricket, Ganguly went on to preside over the Cricket Association of Bengal's Cricket Development Committee.
- Ajit Wadekar is a first-class cricketer and ranks among India's best. He was captain of the Mumbai cricket team and the national team. Wadekar served in a variety of capacities in Indian cricket: cricketer, captain, cricket coach, team manager and chairman of selectors. He defeated both England and the West Indies in eight almost consecutive matches.
- Sachin Tendulkar is another Indian cricketer who has a wide and stellar reputation. Indian cricket has benefited because of his outstanding presence on the field as a productive batsman and broke several cricket records in the process. He is the first batsman to score over 10,000 runs in international cricket and over 11,000 runs in test cricket matches. Sachin is the only cricketer in the world to attain 50 centuries and leads in the number of one-day international cricket runs. Tendulkar's cricket career is one of the lengthiest playing cricket for over 30 years. Tendulkar won the prestigious Sir Garfield Sobers trophy in 2010 at the International Cricket Council awards and the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna prize.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."