Best Iphone Games
The best iPhone games share a few details—simplicity, great design, and addictive gameplay. They run the gamut from tiny productions to major studio efforts, but each has earned its place on the top of the market. While only two on the list are available for free, the rest of the games are more than worth their cost on the iPhone marketplace.
- "Angry Birds" Yes, "Angry Birds". The game belongs on the list, as it seems to have taken over the iPhone. A spin-off, "Seasons", is also worth a look for gamers.
- "Plants versus Zombies" A tower defense game with plants and zombies. It is better on the iPad than on the iPhone, but works beautifully on either device. A graphical masterpiece as well as a gameplay gem, this is a must have for anyone with any iPhone.
- "Tiny Wings" It seems posed to take over Angry Birds' number one spot. This simple flying game is a best seller on the marketplace. A free demo will likely launch it into public consciousness for most iPhone users.
- "Peggle" This entire list could be filled with Popcap games, but "Peggle" works will for its simplicity. Not quite as good as on the PC, but better than the console versions.
- "Bejeweled" A game that is just perfect for the iPhone. It comes with a number of modes, and is just as relaxing as ever. For those that want a bit more action, it was recently upgraded with Blitz.
- "Words with Friends" Essentially "Scrabble" with the numbers filed off, this game is an international hit. A true multiplayer classic, it can devour your life. It will honestly shame most players.
- "Word Warp" If you have OCD, this is your game. Unscramble some letters, find a word. Your score will carry over between games.
- "Grand Theft Auto: China Town Wars" A full-fledged "Grand Theft Auto" title on the iPhone. It is a bit expensive, but worth it. This is a full port of the terribly under appreciated DS gem.
- "Infinity Blade" This game represents the future of iPhone gaming. This game is insanely beautiful, and developed by the folks that brought you "Shadow Complex". Perhaps the best reason to upgrade to a iOS 4.0.