Best Jim Carrey Movies
The best Jim Carrey movies are the comedies that show how far the actor will take his character in order to get an audience laughing. Jim Carrey is one of the highest paid actors in cinema today because of his ability to draw the crowds to his movies. Although he is mostly known for comedies, the actor has been in dramas and other serious roles during his career.
- "Bruce Almighty" This movie is the best Jim Carrey movie to date. Starring as a disgruntled newscaster who can't seem to get the promotion or kind of stories he wants, Jim Carrey's character gets a chance to have all of God's power. Thinking this is his ticket to the life he has always wanted, he soon realizes that his life wasn't that bad to begin with.
- "Me, Myself & Irene" Released in 2000, this comedy has Jim Carrey playing a police officer who suddenly gets multiple personality disorder. Making this even funnier, he is assigned to protect a woman on the run and, of course, they start a romance. Jim Carrey's evil personality causes major drama and unbelievable scenes. "Me, Myself & Irene" is a great Jim Carrey movie that both men and women will enjoy.
- "Fun with Dick and Jane" This movie starring Jim Carrey pokes fun at what extremes people will go to during hard financial times. Jim Carrey is a corporate executive that loses everything when his company goes under. Mistaken for an illegal, stealing from the neighbors and trying to rob a grocery store only to end up helping a little old lady carry her bags, Jim Carrey is hilarious in "Fun with Dick and Jane."
- "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" The best Jim Carrey movie for the holidays, the actor plays the Grinch in this classic tale. Excellent make-up effects and Jim Carrey's unmistakable facial expressions make his character look exactly like the storybook graphics. This movie is appropriate for all ages.
- "The Cable Guy" Another one of Jim Carrey's best movies, "The Cable Guy" is about a psychotic cable installer who befriends a normal working guy, and they become best buds, that is until a girl gets involved. Enraged with jealousy, Jim Carrey's character goes to great lengths to break them apart and to get his best friend back.