The best Jim Henson movies are hard to name because of his creativity and humor. The puppeteer created Kermit the Frog and other puppets that remain icons for children to this day. Jim Henson died the week he was going to sell his company to Disney.
- "The Dark Crystal" Released in 1982, "The Dark Crystal" is one of the best Jim Henson movies made. Nominated for the BAFTA award, "The Dark Crystal" is about strange creatures on another planet that must find the missing shard of a crystal in order to balance the universe. Definitely a great pick for children and those who love sci-fi.
- "Labyrinth" Another one of the best Jim Henson movies is "Labyrinth." Released in 1986, the movie is about a girl who wishes her brother away to another land. Realizing what she has done, she must complete a labyrinth before time runs out or her brother will be gone forever. Not only a great film for children, but adults will appreciate the message.
- "MuppetVision 3D" The best Jim Henson movie that features the famous Muppets, "MuppetVision 3D" is a short media film that can only be seen at Hollywood Studios and other Disney theatres. This movie was released in 1991, and 3D glasses are required.
- "The Muppet Movie" Another great Jim Henson movie was another Muppet movie. The famous puppets Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog star in this great film released in 1979.
- "Muppets from Space" Mixing sci-fi, adventure and humor, "Muppets from Space" is one of the best Jim Henson movies available. Released in 1999, the puppet Gonzo is kidnapped by aliens through his breakfast cereal. Adults and children will laugh out loud when watching "Muppets from Space."