The best Krav Maga clothing is relative. If the clothing is for training, the best Krav Maga clothing would be whatever was most comfortable and best suited the needs of the trainer. If the clothing is to advertise Krav Maga, many schools offer t-shirts and training suits that feature the school’s logo and often Hebrew, honoring Krav Maga’s Israeli origin.
- Tactical pants or military combat uniforms. Tactical pants or BDUs (Battle Dress Uniforms) are common for training in Krav Maga, especially if in the military or law enforcement community. Security personnel will also often favor tactical clothing to train in. The pockets and fit of the pants make them ideal of a wide range of movements, including falls, and have plenty of room for handcuffs or job-related tactical gear that may be worn when working. Training in what you work in will help improve comfort and form when on the job, should the need for Krav Maga arise.
- Training suits or sweat suits. Training suits or sweat suits come in a wide array of styles and fabrics. School logos or company logos may be printed or embroidered on the training suits also.
- T-shirts, jerseys, tanks, and polo shirts. Krav Maga is not a typical Asian martial art so a gi or similar Asian-style training clothing is not common in Krav Maga schools. More common are T-shirts and other light-weight, breathable tops often printed with the school or company logo.
- Fight shorts. Common in MMA training, sparring, kickboxing, boxing, and other contact martial arts, fight shorts are common clothing in Krav Maga training also. They provide a free range of motion and comfort for the fighting sport. Women’s shorts may be more feminine in design, shorter in length, or they may resemble the men’s; this is also personal taste.
- Compression shorts. Compression shorts com in a variety of styles and are a favorite among many mail martial artists. Supporting a groin protector, or simply relying on the support of the shorts to reduce movement and friction can improve safety and comfort, and protect the skin on the thighs and groin area from the movements in training.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.