Best Love Songs Of All Time
The best love songs of all time can range from the heartbreaking to the silly. Whether someone has had their heart broken or has never been in love, they can still appreciate a song that depicts all of the emotions. Here are 5 great songs, feel the love.
- "Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney. There is no one that can write a love song quite like Paul McCartney, except maybe fellow Beatles John Lennon and George Harrison (sorry Ringo). "Maybe I'm Amazed" is a heartfelt solo act that beautifully illustrates the true passion and love that Paul felt for his wife, Linda. For a list of great love songs, one may be able to simply suggest Beatles songs, but it is only fair to include a few others that are worth mentioning.
- “At Last” by Etta James. The first line of this classic song says it all, "At Last, my love has come along, my lonely days are over". The belief that we are simply looking for that great love to help us escape from a life of emptiness and loneliness is something that we can all relate to. The 1961 song has spanned generations of fans and has had covers by the likes of Celine Dion, Beyonce and Christina Aguilera.
- “Always on My Mind” by Willie Nelson. Although originally recorded by Brenda Lee, it is the country legend Willie Nelson that made it a truly compelling love song. The heartbreak in his voice, and the simplicity of his acoustic guitar shows raw emotion that can not be matched. There have been a myriad of covers for this song, but Nelson's managed to garner multiple Grammy's and critical acclaim.
- “My Girl” by The Temptations. The opening notes are cemented in the brains of most people and can be instantly recognized before the first words are even said. This sweet Motown tune was a huge hit for the Temptations in 1965 and became their signature. The Smoky Robinson penned song was beloved almost immediately, spurning a cover by Otis Redding the same year the original was released. The love song also was featured in the sweet coming-of-age film of the same name.
- “I Got You Babe” by Sonny and Cher. The duo may not have had a marriage that lasted, but they had a friendship that showed how much they loved each other and just how true their song really was. Two people who may seem like an odd couple showed their dedication for each other in this sweet and memorably melodic song.