Best Movies Where Aliens Possess Humans
Looking for the best movies where aliens possess humans? Some of the most intense, entertaining and exciting film media involves aliens possessing humans. At their best, these alien movies are amongst the cream of the science fiction crop! Defining this list means looking at the film genre of science fiction and narrowing down the great alien-based movies to the ones where humans are actually possessed, in body or mind. Looking to lose control? Look no further as the aliens are poised to do just that in these great movies in which aliens possess humans!
- “Aliens” “Aliens” is the no-brainer here. This James Cameron-directed movie has action, but is also a fierce thriller, as the aliens do not even show up until an hour into the film as the tension builds. The movie is full of suspense and witty dialogue, as the marines—headed by Sigourney Weaver’s character Ripley—realize that the aliens do not want to kill them, they want to implant alien eggs in them and make them hosts for alien possession!
- “Dreamcatcher” “Dreamcatcher” is a dark horse on this list. The adaptation of the classic Stephen King story features a great cast, including Morgan Freeman, and a very mysterious and suspenseful tale of an alien disease that has fallen to snowy U.S. terrain and begun to possess the inhabitants.
- “The Faculty” “The Faculty” marks an early hit from director Robert Rodriguez, who displays the horrific tale of some high school kids thrown together by their school’s staff and students becoming possessed by hungry aliens.
- “Invasion of the Body Snatchers” “Invasion of the Body Snatchers” is a classic and thrilling film from 1956 that features alien seeds taking over the bodies of a community and dehumanizing them.
- “Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan” “Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan” is the greatest of the original Star Trek movies and a welcome addition to this list. The ultimate villain, Khan, uses alien slug-like critters in one of the most painful, ear-invading scenes to watch, to overthrow the minds of his adversaries and make them do his will.