Best Muay Thai Punching Bags
When choosing the best Muay Thai punching bags, there are many factors to consider, such as your weight, training preference and training experience. For those adults that weigh 150 to 180 pounds, 75 to 100 weighted bags are your best option. Individuals who weigh more may want to purchase heavier ones—these are also great for those who have a heavy punch. Lighter bags will more easily give and sway when punched or kicked upon and these may be better for guys desiring to refine striking techniques and reactions. However, the right bag depends personal preference as well. Your best bet for feeling out the best Muay Thai punching bag for you is to test some out at a sports-oriented or martial arts supply store.
- Everlast Ultimate Heavy Bag This may be an expensive bag, but is worth the investment for the serious training fighter—in fact, it may be the last bag you’ll ever need to purchase. The bag is made out of fine leather exterior and will take your years of heavy kicking, punches, knees and elbow strikes.
- Century Gold Muay Thai Bag The large surface area of this bag is great for all types of high and low striking and kicking drills perfect for martial arts oriented workouts. Made to simulate the appearance and feel of leather, this bag is actually constructed out of leather-grain vinyl.
- Combat Angle Uppercut Bag Looks are deceiving with this bag, though it’s shaped like an ice-cream cone. Its unique curves make it deal for practicing and perfecting your uppercuts and head strikes. However, the bag can be used like a regular bag for your body strikes, punches and more, making it a very versatile training tool.
- Everlast Teardrop Heavy Bag This bottom-heavy, almost pear-shaped striking apparatus is designed for developing and perfecting your lower body drills, especially knee strikes. The lower center of gravity in this bag doesn’t give as much as its symmetrically shaped peers when you’re focusing on kicks as well.
- Hydrostrike Water Filled Punching Bag This unique punching bag is the result of its foam padding and water-filled core that’s resistant to leaks and bulges at the seam. Because of this unique texture, it has a lifelike feel and give when compared to other, solely foam filled bags.
- Polycanvas Punching Bag As one of the newest members from the Everlast family, this bag has been constructed with a canvas and polyester blend, giving the practitioner the comfort and protection of a polyester bag but the toughness of a canvas one.
- Nevatear Heavy Bag The bag is valued by many for its quality and affordability. The synthetic and natural filler mix is made for ultimate shock absorbency and its enduring synthetic leather will keep its shape despite the harsh training it receives.
- Everlast Muay Thai Bag Because the longer, thinner design in comparison to others makes it a harder target, this is a perfect striking apparatus for the Muay Thai practitioner that wants to work on kicking and punching precision or improve speed. The long design reduces sway generated from heavy striking.
- Fairtex Cross-training Bag The versatility of this specialty bag includes a bulbous upper exterior so you can practice Muay Thai drills and accompanying boxing skills at the same time. Its heaviness is perfect for form, technique and power conditioning.
- TKO 502VMT Muay Thai Bag This heavy bag is practically indestructible—its outer shell made of PVC coated vinyl and reinforced with nylon seams and stitching filled with synthetic fill. Made to endure years of striking, it comes with a lifetime guarantee. It is extra long length-wise to incorporate all aspects of high and low Muay Thai training.