Mutual funds pool money together from small investors and the best mutual funds for 2010 provided a five year average return ranging from 10.91% to 4.57%. Each mutual fund counts on its manager to invest in stock or other commodities to provide a consistent return for mutual fund members. Funds vary in the types of commodities they typically purchase.
- Nuveen Tradewinds Value Opportunities (NTVTX). This winning mutual fund invests in long-term capital appreciation. The YTD return is 3.13% while the average five year return is 10.91%.
- Black Rock Focus Growth International (MAFOX). This top fund has an average five year return of 9.35%. The YTD averages 6.14%. They invest in equity securities.
- Fidelity Growth Market Fund (FDGRX). This fund primarily invests in common stock. This large growth fund YTD is 29.78% and it yields a 6% five year average.
- Fidelity Contrafund (FCNTX). This fund invest in capital appreciation. The YTD of this top mutual fund is 4.73% with a five year average of 5.30%.The fund invest in both foreign and domestics issuers.
- CGM Focus Fund (CGMFX). This focus fund seeks long-term growth capital. Their average five year yield is 4.57%. The mutual fund primarily invest in companies with a market capitalization of at least $5 billion.
- T. Row Price (TRBCX). This fund invests in common stock and medium size blue chip growth companies. The YTD is 6.24%. The five year average runs 4.20%.
- Invesco Van Campen Capital Growth (ACPAX). This mutual fund invests in common stock the Adviser believes has growth potential. YTD return is 5.93% and the fund averages a 6.41% five year return.
- Dodge & Cox Income (DODIX). This top mutual fund invests in a diversified portfolio of bonds of high quality and other fixed-income securities. The fund's YTD is 1.13% and the five year average is $4.82%.
- Vanguard Inflation-Protected Securities (VIPXS). This top mutual fund looks to protect against inflation with inflation-indexed securities. The fund's average five year return is 5.86%. The YTD return is 7.03%.
You hear the phrase mutual fund tossed around a lot, and although it's not as sexy as a "hedge fund" or a "strip club", ...
If you have recently joined the ranks of the jobless or you grow tired of the rat race and know you can do better on you ...
It has been happening over the last 5 years. The best and the brightest traders have been moving out of the Mutual Fund ...