Best NBA Players Of All Time
The best NBA players of all time remain role models for basketball players to look up to today. These players dominated the sport from the ‘60s through the ‘90s and broke records that players today only hope to one day reach. These are the men who made the NBA what it is today.
- Michael Jordan Michael Jordan led the Bulls to six championships in seven seasons. There were many stars playing but none of them could beat a Michael Jordan-led team. Jordan was the ultimate winner and the best NBA player of all time.
- Magic Johnson The Lakers were struggling when they drafted Magic Johnson and he turned the franchise around. As one of the best NBA players of all time, Johnson helped the Lakers win five championships in nine attempts. From 1980 until 1991, Johnson led the Lakers to the finals nine times.
- Larry Byrd The Celtics are one of the greatest franchises in basketball history and their resurgence in the ‘80s was all thanks to one of the best NBA players of all time. Larry Byrd averaged a double-double in his career with 24 points and ten rebounds and kept Boston competing in the championship throughout his career.
- Jerry West Jerry West was a winner in college and came to the Lakers with hopes to do the same. After making it to the NBA finals but losing six years in a row, the Lakers finally won and kept winning. West averaged 29 points throughout 153 playoff games and was an All-Star every season he played.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Kareem Abdul-Jabbar dominated the game for twenty seasons, winning six MVPs along the way, becoming one of the best NBA players of all time. He is also the NBA’s all-time leading scorer and won six NBA championships in his career.
- Wilt Chamberlain Wilt Chamberlain is the only man to score 100 points in a game and average 50 per game over a season, easily ranking as one of the best NBA players of all time. Chamberlain played in a different era but was one of the most dominating players to ever play the game.
- Julius Erving Dr. J is one of the best NBA players of all time and perfected the slam dunk in basketball. While many players used the dunk before him, Dr. J used it to decimate his opponents and made it a powerful weapon when taming the enemy. He was also the player responsible for the NBA and ABA merging.
- Oscar Robinson Oscar Robinson, or the Big O, made history by averaging a triple-double over a full season with 30.8 points, 11.4 assists and 12.5 rebounds in 1961 to '62. Robinson averaged 25.7 points a season and was as dominating a player as you would ever see.
- Bill Russell Bill Russell is not only one of the best NBA players of all time, but the most successful. In thirteen seasons playing in the NBA, Bill Russell won eleven championships. No one will ever achieve that feat again in the NBA. He won five MVP honors and was a block master in an era where that stat was not kept.
- Shaquille O’Neal The only player on this list still playing remains one of the best NBA players of all time thanks to his dominance while in his prime. Shaquille O’Neal is a four time NBA champion and, during the early 2000s, no one could stop him. During most of his career, he was the best big man in the sport.