Best New Porsches Of The Decade
Consider yourself lucky if you own one of the best new Porsches of the decade. A brand well-known for luxury and prestige, the car maker has kept people happy since 1931. Porsche is known for their sports cars and racing cars, although they have started new ventures within the past decade.
- The Porsche Cayenne. Taking a big risk, the Porsche brand decided to enter the mid-sized sport utility vehicle market in 2003. It has a powerful V-8 engine and seating space for five people. It has been a successful vehicle enjoyed by adventure-type drivers. Over 250,000 Cayennes were built by the end of 2009 allowing the brand to make quite a bit of profit. It currently sells for about $45,000.
- The Porsche Panamera. With a base price of almost $90,000, this new 2009 model is a great 4-door sedan. Take the family on an outing in style with feel secure when driving your vehicle by ordering your new Porsche with the optional 4-wheel drive and V-8 engine.
- The Porsche Boxster 987. The most widely known sports car is the Porsche Boxster 987. This model appeared in 2006 as an upgrade from the 986 model. It is one of the classiest 2-door convertibles on the market and retails at about $47,000.
- The Porsche Cayman. The Cayman is similar to the Boxster but slightly higher priced at $51,000. It is a 2-door hardtop coupe. It was also launched in 2006 but production will be handed over to a new manufacturer starting in 2012.
- The Porsche 911. This sports car is the base model for most of the Porsche racing cars. You will feel like a true racer driving around town in this 2-door coupe. Starting at $77,000 it is a little more expensive than other Porsche vehicles.