The best pancake recipe guarantees flavorful and fluffy pancakes, and this simple pancake recipe is the perfect formula to achieve light pancakes at home. Start your day enjoying these pancakes with your children before they go to school, or on a relaxing weekend. Once you try this recipe for the first time, you'll love it. It makes delicious and well textured pancakes, that you’ll never buy the ready-made powder mix again.
- ¼ cups flour, sifted
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2 ½ tablespoons sugar
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 2 tbs. baking powder (this is a key ingredient, make sure that it is fairly new)
- 1 egg
- 3 tbs. cooking oil
- Whisk the egg, milk, and oil together in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Pour in the liquid mixture into the flour mixture. Stir gently, until well combined.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat.
- Drop a large tablespoon of the mixture into the hot skillet. It will spread out about four inches.
- Cook pancake over medium heat for three minutes on the first side.
- Flip over, and cook another two minutes, or until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup, or whatever you wish to put on your pancakes.
- Pancakes can be frozen and reheated later.
Tip: For a distinctive, stronger flavor, add a pinch of ground ginger, fresh ground nutmeg, and fresh ground cinnamon. You can also add a splash of vanilla extract, a touch of cinnamon, or a handful of fresh blue berries.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.