The best pancake recipe guarantees flavorful and fluffy pancakes, and this simple pancake recipe is the perfect formula to achieve light pancakes at home. Start your day enjoying these pancakes with your children before they go to school, or on a relaxing weekend. Once you try this recipe for the first time, you'll love it. It makes delicious and well textured pancakes, that you’ll never buy the ready-made powder mix again.
- ¼ cups flour, sifted
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2 ½ tablespoons sugar
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 2 tbs. baking powder (this is a key ingredient, make sure that it is fairly new)
- 1 egg
- 3 tbs. cooking oil
- Whisk the egg, milk, and oil together in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Pour in the liquid mixture into the flour mixture. Stir gently, until well combined.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat.
- Drop a large tablespoon of the mixture into the hot skillet. It will spread out about four inches.
- Cook pancake over medium heat for three minutes on the first side.
- Flip over, and cook another two minutes, or until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup, or whatever you wish to put on your pancakes.
- Pancakes can be frozen and reheated later.
Tip: For a distinctive, stronger flavor, add a pinch of ground ginger, fresh ground nutmeg, and fresh ground cinnamon. You can also add a splash of vanilla extract, a touch of cinnamon, or a handful of fresh blue berries.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.