In a country known for beautiful people who love to party, you shouldn’t have difficulty locating the best party cities in Brazil. While many tourists flock here each year to enjoy the breathtaking scenery and sandy beaches, a lot of young people come to Brazil just to party. As the home of Carnival and a barrage of world-class nightclubs virtually everywhere you turn, it’s no wonder why many people consider Brazil to be the party capital of the world.
- Rio de Janeiro. Brazil’s second-largest city is also the best party city in Brazil. Trance music is especially popular in the clubs here.
- Sao Paulo. Brazil’s largest and most cosmopolitan city also has some of the country’s finest nightlife.
- Florianopolis. This island is known as one of the best party cities in Brazil. Take a ride on the Party Bus, a large yellow bus that will drive you around to the island’s best nightspots, including Circuit, an electronic music haven.
- Fortaleza. In Fortaleza, a number of bars and clubs can be found along the Dragão do Mar, Praia de Iracema, with many of them offering live music throughout the week.
- Recife. Among party cities in Brazil, Recife is known for its dance clubs. NOX, OverPoint and the Downtown Pub are all worth trying.
- Manaus. As the gateway to the Brazilian Amazon, Manaus is home to the Casa do Terror, an eclectic hole-in-the-wall bar where DJs spin boleros and bregas.
- Salvador. Salvador is home to the longest Carnival celebration in the world, making it one of the best party cities in Brazil, if not the entire world.
- Porto Alegre. Porto Alegre has two nightlife districts to choose from: Cidade Baixa and Moinhos de Vento.
- Curitiba. One of the best party cities in Brazil for lovers of alternative nightlife. Check out the James Bar, which holds rock n’ roll parties on Wednesday nights and indie parties on Saturdays.
- Brasilia. Brazil’s capital city is home to a number of clubs and bars. Start your night out at Beirute, a popular hang-out where you can pick up club flyers to find out what’s happening in town.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.