Narrowing down the best Phoenix restaurants was an extensive project. Many diversified tastes and cultures reside, visit or are seasonal guests of Phoenix and the nearby areas. Several on this list of the best Phoenix restaurants have retained high points in customer satisfaction, dining appeal and flavorful cuisine.
- Seasons 52. This fresh grill restaurant serves a range of healthy and appetizing meals. Blackened fish tacos with chipotle sour cream and guacamole on soft wheat tortillas; grilled venison with sweet mashed potatoes and buffalo chili with black beans, corncakes and cilantro sour cream are a few of their wintery offerings. 2502 E. Camelback Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85016; (602) 840-5252.
- Nobuo at Teeter House. Chef Nobuo Fukuda brings a place to eat and drink with friends or izakaya to downtown Phoenix. The 100+ year old old Teeter House is the perfect backdrop for this “elegantly casual” dining experience, distinctly Japanese. 622 East Adams St., Phoenix, AZ
- Hula’s Modern Tiki. Island cuisine in a modern setting with a young, hip environment. The menu includes exciting tropical cocktails, Polynesian chicken burgers, seasoned Ahi Tuna Burger and sweet potato fries. A large selection of island salads and unique taco plates. Every Wednesday pulls a fun crowd in with their all night Happy Hour. 4700 N. Central Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85012. (602) 265-TIKI.
- Yasu Sushi Bistro. Known for the hard-to-find chicken meatballs glazed on a skewer or tsukune. Try the uni shooters with sea urchin and raw oyster or the bacon wrapped scallops seared over a special charcoal. Flavorful pleasures come in small packages. 4316 E. Cactus Rd., Phoenix, AZ
- Aiello’s. Joe and Myrah Aiello were former New York restaurateurs; serving old Italian classics in a charming atmosphere. Try the Eggplant Rolatini antipasti and Veal Picatta, your appetite will be satisfied with lots of food for the money. Authentic Italian flavors and attentive preparation make this one of the best Phoenix restaurants. 5202 N. Central Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85012.
- Different Pointe Of View. Spectacular views on North Mountain, the dining experience is worth the high prices. Dress in a casual elegant style and enjoy international foods and wine in a breathtaking setting. The inventive menus are changed often, all meals prepared from fresh produce from the restaurant’s garden. A list of a thousand wines to choose from may have you summoning assistance. 11111 North 7th St., Phoenix, AZ 85020.
- Kai Restaurant. A rich dining experience immersed in Native American cuisine. A combination of the Maricopa and Pima tribes creating masterful works in flavor and eye-appeal. Music and stories about Native American history add to this unique Arizona restaurant. Excellent food, service and ambiance; worth the overall fun but pricey evening. 5594 West Wild Horse Pass Blvd., Phoenix, AZ 85226.
- Donovan’s Steak and Chop House. This award-winning restaurant uses only USDA Midwestern, corn-fed Prime. A favorite entree is the Filet Mignon Medallion and Bacon Wrapped Scallops. The wine list is exceptional and the meals always done to your exact specifications. Outstanding service, excellent food and ambiance puts this place on our best Phoenix restaurants list. 3101 E. Camelback Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85016.
- T. Cooks Restaurant. A delightful Mediterranean cuisine highlights the seasonal freshness of Spain, and Tuscany, Italy. Wine pairings are offered with such dishes as Stuffed Rabbit wrapped in Serrano and mushrooms with butternut puree. The fire-roasted inventions like Wood Roasted Black Striped Bass with vegetable and pumpkin dressing are favorites. They serve breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner and have overall good to excellent ratings. 5200 East Camelback Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85018.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.