What are the best Pico de Gallo recipes? The best recipes would of course include fresh, organic ingredients and the exact right flavors mixed together and served with some enchiladas or quesadillas. Pico de Gallo is a fresh salsa made up of many vegetables, including tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, and coriander. There are many variations to this favorite salsa of Mexico, but the best salsas are the ones made fresh right before being served. Traditional cheese or chicken quesadillas will have Pico de Gallo on the plate along side with some delicious guacamole.
There are hundreds of Pico de Gallo recipes, but these two recipes are the best to be found. The first is very authentic and has many vegetables and flavors. The second Pico de Gallo recipe is a quick salsa that can be made up in a flash.
The Best Pico de Gallo Recipe
- 3 cups of diced and chopped tomatoes
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, chopped and deseeded
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 of an avocado, chopped (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, finely crushed
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped coriander
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of balsamic vinegar (red wine vinegar can be used also)
Method of Preparation for the Best Pico de Gallo
- On a large cutting board, chop and dice the tomatoes. Place them in a large bowl.
- Add in the chopped jalapenos, green peppers, onions and avocado. Mix them slightly together.
- Add in the tomato sauce and vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste and then top it all with some freshly chopped coriander. Parsley can be used, but it will take from the original flavor of this wonderful Pico de Gallo recipe.
Quick Pico de Gallo Recipe
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 small onion peeled and chopped
- 1 small jalapeno chopped and deseeded
- 1/2 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh coriander
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Place the tomatoes, onions, jalapeno and garlic in a small bowl.
- Top the Pico de Gallo with some fresh coriander.
- Serve along your favorite entree or meal.
Pico de Gallo is best served slightly chilled. So make ahead and chill for use along side your favorite Mexican Meal.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.