Best Places To Live In The World
The best places to live in the world are based on a myriad of factors. Taken into account is access to health care for its residents, excellent educational systems, good climate, products and services, environmental conditions, available infrastructure and stable governance.
- Bay of Plenty, New Zealand. New Zealand has always ranked high as one of the best countries to call home, with Auckland City as a favorite especially for new migrants. However, the Bay of Plenty is fast becoming a better alternative to the cosmopolitan vibe of Auckland. Tauranga, the Bay of Plenty’s main town, is a favorite for many Kiwis and foreigners looking for a place to retire. It is also an excellent location for young individuals looking to enjoy a quiet life with warm weather and outdoor adventures.
- Copenhagen, Denmark. It has continually ranked high in the best places to live in list. Copenhagen offers an excellent quality of life with a strong bike culture and cosmopolitan vibe akin to New York and London. It is a global city without the stress, traffic and pollution that residents often pay as a price.
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Beyond the legalization of pot and prostitution, Amsterdam is hailed as one the best places in the world to call home for its laidback lifestyle, excellent urban planning, vibrant art scene and fantastic restaurants. It is also nirvana for many bike commuters, where pedal power is the norm instead of the fast cars and smog associated with other cities.
- Melbourne, Australia. Unlike Sydney with its higher crime rate, Melbourne is not only a safer city but also a favorite among expatriates. This Australian city provides value for money, with access to high-end products, restaurants and clothes minus the pocket-wrenching prices. London’s Economist Intelligence Unit ranks Melbourne high among the best places make your residence.
- Vancouver, Canada. The 2010 Winter Olympics gave this Canadian country very good press. It is an adventure enthusiast’s playground. It has excellent slopes for skiing and snowboarding, lush mountain trails for hiking, a thriving art and music scene, and is part of a country that is known to give wonderful health care.
- Eden Prairie, Minnesota.This city in Minnesota is a nature lover’s haven. Despite the recession in the United States, Eden Prairie has been able to maintain a low unemployment rate thanks to a number of national businesses that call this place home. This surprisingly ranks as one of the best places to live in for its low unemployment rate and access to outdoor beauty, including seventeen lakes, hiking trails and mountain peaks.
- Vienna, Austria. This Austrian city ranks high in offering residents a great quality of life. It has a strong history pulsating with art, music and culture that carry on into modern times. Beyond that, Austria has a peaceful government that tries not to meddle in the affairs of other countries.
- Zürich, Switzerland. Zurich has constantly ranked on top of the best places to live in for its cosmopolitan vibe without the drama of a congested big city. Traffic is minimal, safety is a priority and the air is clean.
- Düsseldorf, Germany. This city is an important financial center with and a thriving metropolis. It also has a high quality of life index, with residents enjoying great health care and a stable political climate.
- Munich, Germany. This German city offers excellent education, world-class medical facilities, a calm social and political environment and great climate. Life expectancy in Munich is estimated at 79-years old, one of the highest in the world.