The best Portuguese recipes for Filetes De Pescada are the easiest recipes you'll encounter. Filetes de Pescada is just a fancy way to say "fillets of white fish." Any white fish will do, but some white fish lends itself better. The best white fish to use are thicker, steak type cuts such as fresh Gulf snapper or grouper, but these recipes work just as well with a flaky tilapia.
Pan-Fried Filetes de Pescada with Hake
- 1 1/2 lbs. of thick, white fish such as grouper or hake (any thicker cut white fish will work if you can't find grouper or hake)
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- One tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Tartar sauce
- Squeeze a tablespoon of lemon juice on the hake. Coat both sides. Salt and pepper lightly and dredge in the panko bread crumbs. Spray lightly with olive oil. Set aside to dry.
- Add one-inch of vegetable oil to the bottom of a pan and heat to medium high. Splash just a bit of water in the pan to test if the oil is hot enough. If the oil splatters, it's hot.
- Add the fish fillets to the pan one at a time. Cook the hake four minutes per side for a fish fillet one inch thick. Adjust cooking accordingly for your fish's size.
- Remove the fish from oil when panko crumbs are brown and the fish is flaky. Drain the hake on paper towels and serve with fresh tartar sauce. Delicious!
Filetes de Pescada with Tilapia:
- 1 1/2 lbs. of tilapia
- Half cup small Portuguese olives, pitted and rinsed. (If you can't find Portuguese olives, choose any ripe, black olives)
- Three ripe tomatoes
- One medium onion
- One green bell pepper, sliced in thin strips
- Two tbsp. olive oil
- Fresh basil, cut in strips
- Salt and pepper
- One lemon
- One lime
- A loaf of crusty bread
- Prepare a fresh salsa by chopping the onion, green pepper, olives and tomatoes into small pieces. Add a squeeze of lime, two teaspoonfuls of olive oil and one tablespoon of chopped basil and mix well. Place in refrigerator to cool.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon. Place in broiler and broil for four minutes per side. Remove from oven when fish flakes in the center.
- Place fish on a serving tray and cover with the fresh salsa. Serve with chunks of bread to soak up the salsa's liquid. Yum!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.