Best Professional Wrestlers Of All Time
Who exactly comprises the 10 best professional wrestlers of all time? This is a ranking that is based solely on a longtime wrestling fan's opinion.
- Ric Flair. "The Nature Boy," one of the most recognizable pro-wrestlers in the history of sports entertainment, is definitely one of the best wrestlers of all time. The 16-time World champion was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2008 and briefly retired from the business at WrestleMania XXIV after losing to Shawn Michaels.
- Shawn Michaels. "The Showstopper" debuted in WWE in 1988 with Marty Jannetty, collectively known as The Rockers. He was one of the founding members of the rebel faction D-X and is one of the best professional wrestlers of all time. Michaels retired from wrestling last year, after losing to the Undertaker at WrestleMania.
- Lita. Debuting as "Miss Congeniality" in ECW, Lita was best known in WWE as Essa Rios' manager who emulated everything he did. She later became part of "Team Xtreme" and had fantastic feuds with Trish Stratus, holding the Women's title four times. Although most of her career was spent as a babyface, Lita turned heel when she dumped Kane for Edge. She is one of the best woman wrestlers of all time.
- Eddy Guerrero. "Latino Heat" was one of the best professional wrestlers of all time. He worked for ECW, WCW and WWE and held multiple titles throughout his career. The second-generation wrestler had an impressive arsenal and could work both as a high-flyer and submission mat wrestler. Eddy was in line for a second World Championship reign but tragically passed away on November 13, 2005 at the age of 38.
- The Fabulous Moolah. This legendary woman made her pro-wrestling debut in 1949 and went on to hold the title for 28 years. She feuded with Wendi Richter in the 80s and years later paired up with Mae Young for some hilarious moments with other legends as well as current divas. Moolah passed away in 2007 at the age of 84 but lives on in the hearts of fans worldwide as one of the greatest professional wrestlers of all time.
- Chris Benoit. "The Crippler" was one of the best professional wrestlers of all time, utilizing an amazing variety of mat submissions as well as some high-flying maneuvers. One of the most heartwarming moments was when he captured the World Championship while his real-life best friend, Eddy Guerrero, retained the WWE title and the two celebrated their victoriesat WrestleMania XX. There is mass controversy surrounding Benoit, who tragically passed in June 2007, but his legacy can never be erased.
- Trish Stratus. Beginning her WWE career as mere eye candy, this blonde made quite a name for herself. She trained extensively and had great mic skills, which no doubt aided her in capturing the Women's Championship a record seven times. Trish is one of the best professional wrestlers of all time and even retired as a champ at Unforgiven in 2006.
- Chris Jericho. One of the most charismatic and best pro-wrestlers of all time, Jericho has held multiple championships and was the first-ever WWE Undisputed champion. He is currently out on tour with his metal band, Fozzy, but is expected to return to the WWE.
- The Rock. The People's Champion made his long-awaited return to the WWE last night on RAW. A multi-time champion, he left the ring in favor of Hollywood and making movies. Now, it is rumored he will be the General Manager of RAW, and he will be hosting WrestleMania 27
- Edge. The 10-time World champion made his WWE debut in June 1998 and has always entertained the fans, whether as a babyface or heel. His first WWE title win was a surprise when he cashed in his Money In the Bank contract at New Year's Revolution in 2006 against John Cena, who had just retained the gold in an Elimination Chamber match. This Canadian is definitely one of the best wrestlers of all time.
Posted on: Feb. 21, 2011