The best quotes from songs about relationships show the intense feelings that love can trigger. Songs about relationships can showcase both positive and negative aspects, providing quotes that accurately reflect the ups and downs of a long-term love.
- “All my life, I’ve prayed for someone like you” from “All My Life” by K-Ci and JoJo Some songs about relationships are unapologetically uplifting, which is the case with this tune from the 1998 album “Love Always.” This song quote encapsulates the utter joy that the right person can bring, providing hope and an answer to life-long desire.
- “If she is bad, he can’t see it / She can do no wrong” from “When a Man Loves a Woman” by Percy Sledge Way back in 1966, Sledge made some valid points about relationships in this song from the album of the same title. This quote shows that being in a relationship can effectively blind a man, making him unaware of everything but his perfect woman.
- “One thing I’m sure of / Is the way we make love” from “Please Forgive Me” by Bryan Adams As far as Canadian rockers go, Adams is a great source for the best quotes from songs about relationships. In this 1993 song from the album “So Far So Good” Adams discusses the overwhelming influence a relationship has on his life. This quote simplifies that statement to its core, showing that love is the only thing he can depend on.
- “Even in my heart I see / You’re not being true to me” from “Quit Playing Games With My Heart” by The Backstreet Boys The boy band’s self-titled 1996 album contained this song, showing the frustration that love can bring. In this quote, the Backstreet Boys use a personal viewpoint to take an intimate look at a relationship. This self-analysis reveals a straying lover.
- “Wherever you go, whatever you do / I will be right here waiting for you” from “Right Here Waiting” by Richard Marx Meaningful songs about relationships convey a sense of loyalty. In this quote, from the 1989 album “Repeat Offender,” Marx shows his dedication to his relationship, telling his lover he’ll do whatever it takes to make it work.
- “You’re a loaded gun” from “You Give Love A Bad Name” by Bon Jovi Simple yet effective, this 1986 quote from the album “Slippery When Wet” indicates the potential danger in a bad relationship. In this song, the band explores the feelings of a jilted lover who’s been emotionally damaged by a woman. This quote showcases the impending sense of doom brought by a volatile love.
- “I wanna hold you ‘til I die / ‘Til we both break down and cry” from “Sometimes When We Touch” by Dan Hill Although it’s a pretty sappy quote, this line from the 1977 song is a sincere-sounding statement. Featured on the album “Longer Fuse,” the song explores the overwhelming and emotionally charged feelings that a relationship can bring. Hill is brought to tears by his sentiments.
- “To insure yourself, you’ve got to provide communication constantly” from “Tell Her About It” by Billy Joel Honesty is the most important aspect of the best quotes from songs about relationships. That’s why this 1983 song from the album “An Innocent Man” is such a winner. In this quote, Joel reveals the key component of keeping a relationship healthy. Love is doomed without good communication.
- “I need you, and with your love I’m free” from “Truly” by Lionel Richie As the king of romantic lyrics, Richie knows a thing or two about relationships. This 1982 quote from his self-titled album communicates his powerful feelings for his lover, alluding to the sense of empowerment his relationship provides.
- “When I first saw you, I saw love” from “You’re Still The One” by Shania Twain As the first line from Twain’s 1997 hit, this quote gets the sentimentality flowing right from the start. Featured on the album “Come On Over,” the quote encapsulates the overwhelming love-at-first-sight feeling that can begin a long relationship.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.