There are no single criteria in choosing the best rapper names. But in a rap industry that is saturated by too many rappers with not much of a differentiation in styles, it can get very difficult to get remembered unless you have one of the best rapper names. There’s no use in having a great rap song if the public can’t remember who performed it. Therefore, aspiring rappers should carefully choose how they want to be called.
- Puff Daddy. Sean Combs, in real life, has a lot of aliases such as Puffy, P. Diddy, and his current name Diddy. His name is one of the best rapper names ever. It might conjure images of puffing up pot but this name surely sticks into people’s heads. So when you need to remember, just ask yourself, “Who’s your daddy?!”
- Busta Rhymes. Trevor Tahiem Smith got his alias from NFL player George “Buster” Rhymes. This alias is a masterpiece in terms of rapper names. It’s so simple yet easily remembered. If you’re a rapper and you’re always busting out in rhymes, then you might as well call yourself Busta Rhymes.
- DMX. Earl Simmons got his alias from his favorite Oberheim DMX drum machine he used back in the 1980’s. His alias is so catchy that it naturally fell into the best rapper names list. Back in the good ole 1980’s to the 1990’s, having a BMX bike is the fad thing. DMX is no bike but he sure knows how to rap.
- Snoop Doggy Dogg. Cordazer Calvin Broadus never thought that his love for the comics “Peanuts” would earn him the name Snoopy. When he got arrested for cocaine, he dropped the “Doggy” and settled for his current alias Snoop Dogg.
- Vanilla Ice. Some might say that Vanilla Ice is so 90’s but guys born around that time would never forget the hit “Ice Ice Baby.” Robert Matthew Van Winkle’s alias is very different from the dark gangster names of other rappers. He was direct to the point; he was cool as ice and that’s all you need to know.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.