The best R&B songs of all time are smooth and beautiful. The music genre R&B began in 1940. It features romantic tunes and rhythmic beats. These ten songs are an example of ten of the best R&B songs of all time.
- “Time will reveal” -Debarge Recorded in 1983 this song helped shoot the family group Debarge to stardom. This hit displayed the amazing vocal talents of El Debarge. The beauty of this song has caused it to be covered multiple times.
- “Superstar” -Luther Vandross This beautiful R&B song was originally recorded in 1969 by Bonnie Bramlett and Leon Russell. Luther Vandross had an amazing talent for remaking songs and turning them
- “After the Love has Gone” -Earth Wind and Fire When reviewing the best R&B songs of all time, no list is complete without this song. This hit R&B song was recorded in 1979 by Earth Wind excellent choice on any list of the best R&B songs of all time.
- “Still” -Commodores This group led by Lionel Richie produced some of the greatest R&B songs of our time. This particular song was recorded in 1979. It reached Billboard’s Hot 100 as a number one single as well as Billboards Hot R&B number one single. This single was the last big hit before Lionel Richie left the group.
- “Wishing on a Star” -Rose Royce. Written by Billie Rae Calvin, this beautiful R&B hit number three on British charts in 1978. Lead Vocalist Gwen Dickey offered a very electric song that lasts for generations. This is definitely a great choice on a list for the greatest R&B songs of all time.
- “My Girl” -The Temptations The song "My Girl" was recorded in 1964. This song shot the Temptations to stardom. It was so hugely popular that it has been covered more than eight times. Including by the California Raisins.
- “My Cherie Amour" -Stevie Wonder Recorded by the immortal Stevie Wonder, this song has a place in history as one of the best R&B songs of all time. It was recorded in 1969 and shot Stevie Wonder to stardom. This song continues to be covered by many new artists.
- “Secret Garden” -Barry White, Al. B. Sure, El Debarge "Secret Garden" is one of the most sensual R&B songs of all time. Released in 1990, this hit featured the deep husky voice of Barry White, the sultry pitch of Al B. Sure, and the amazing falsetto of El Debarge and the amazing vocal talents of James Ingram. This song features some of the greatest artists of the 1980’s and 1990’s.
- “Love of my life” -Brian McKnight “Love of My Life” was recorded by Brian McKnight in 2001. The various falsetto levels of McKnight’s voice made the song irresistible. The song was nominated for a Grammy in 2001.
- “Kissing You” -Keith Washington “Kissing you” was released in 1991. The amazing sound of this song prompted it to win a Soul Train Music Award. This song continues to receive radio play and is a great example of the best R&B songs of all time.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.