Best R&B Songs
Many new R&B artists have emerged over time, and here are some of the best R&B songs released recently. Some are just single releases and some are from newly released albums or albums about to be released.
- “Where You At” by Jennifer Hudson. This song was written by R. Kelly and released in 2011 on her new album “I Remember Me.” Jennifer shines in this song about a girl who wonders where her boyfriend is when he said he would always be there for her.
- “Doin Dishes” by R. Kelly. This newly released single track was released on the R. Kelly label. It’s about a guy whose girlfriend has left him and he sings about being unhappy having to do the dishes all alone.
- “Fall For Your Type” by Jamie Foxx. This single was released from Jamie’s 2010 album “Best Night of My Life,” and features Drake. It’s a song about a guy who falls for the same type of woman time after time. Even though each one says she is different, she ends up being just like the last one.
- “You Are” by Charlie Wilson. This song is a single from Charlie’s upcoming untitled album by Jive Records to be released in 2011. Charlie sings to his girlfriend and tell her that she has been sent to him and is perfect for him.
- “What’s My Name?” by Rihanna. This single is off Rihanna’s album “Loud” which was released in 2010. The lyrics are by Drake and are about a girl trying to convince her guy that he is the one for her.
- “All of the Lights” by Kanye West. This single is from Kanye’s album called “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.” It features Rihanna, Elton John, Fergie, Alicia Keyes, and some other recording artists. After a guy does time, he begs his girlfriend to take him back so he can give her and his child a better life than they have.
- “I’m Doing Me” by Fantasia. This single is from Fantasia’s album “Back to Me” released in 2010. The song is about a woman who is tired of being deceived by men and decides she is better off taking care of herself.
- “There Goes My Baby” by Usher. This song was released in early 2010 when LaFace Records released Usher’s album called “Raymond vs. Raymond.” Later in the year this song was also featured on Usher’s album “Versus.” Usher tells his girlfriend in this song how good she makes him feel.
- “One in a Million” by Ne-Yo. In 2010Def Jam released Ne-Yo’s album “Libra Scale” which featured this song. Ne-Yo tells his girl she is one in a million and above all the rest.
- “Piece of Your Love” by Zshatwa. It is not know if this single will be included in Zshatwa’s upcoming 2011 album by J. Records. It has a mesmerizing eclectic drum patterned beat while she sings about how she has changed and wants another chance.
Posted on: Mar. 01, 2011