To enjoy a nice meal overlooking the ocean, try one of the best restaurants on the Santa Cruz, CA, pier. Be it seafood, fine wine or a cozy breakfast, there are numerous great choices both on the Santa Cruz, California, beach and the adjoining Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf. Use these recommendations for the best restaurants on the Santa Cruz pier to find a dining choice perfect for your party.
- Beach Street Cafe Located across from the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, the Beach Street Cafe is a small and casual eatery. Serving American cuisine for breakfast and lunch, the restaurant features a daily champagne brunch, complete with eggs benedict and other signature dishes. Beach Street Cafe: 399 Beach Street, (831) 426-7621
- Carniglia's Specializing in Italian cuisine and seafood, Carniglia's is a popular fine dining establishment on the Santa Cruz pier. Housed directly above the Monterey Bay Sanctuary, Carniglia's is open for lunch and dinner, with reservations suggested. Carniglia's: 49a Municipal Wharf, (831) 458-3600
- Casablanca Restaurant Just off the West Cliff walking path, the award-winning Casablanca Restaurant features several levels of dining, each with ocean views. The find dining restaurant is enjoyed by locals and tourists alike, with signature entrees and a wide selection of wine. Casablanca Restaurant: 101 Main St, (831) 426-9063
Gilbert's Seafood Grill Providing panoramic ocean views, Gilbert's Seafood Grill specializes in seafood and other find dining entrees, open for lunch and dinner. The full bar serves beer, wine and cocktails, which can be enjoyed before and after meals. Reservations are accepted with facilities accommodating large groups and special events as well. Gilbert's Seafood Grill: 25 Municipal Wharf (831) 423-5200
- Ideal Bar & Grill With plenty of outdoor seats, the Ideal Bar & Grill is a popular dining choice, located at the entrance to the Santa Cruz Wharf. The bar area also allows customers to watch sports and other events on their many big-screen televisions. Unlike many other restaurants on the Santa Cruz, CA, pier, the Ideal Bar & Grill opens daily at 8:00 a.m. for breakfast. Ideal Bar & Grill: 106 Beach Street, (831) 423.5271
- Las Olitas Cantina & Grill Serving the Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf, Las Olitas Cantina & Grill combines the tastes of Mexican food with the fresh offerings of seafood in a quaint restaurant overlooking the ocean. Daily food and drink specials, including their "thank goodness it's Tuesday" promotions, are available for lunch and dinner. Las Olitas Cantina & Grill: 49B Municipal Wharf, (831) 458-9393
- Miramar Fish Grotto Featuring outdoor dining on the patio with ocean views, Miramar Fish Grotto serves a variety of seafood, pasta, chicken and steaks. Entrees begin at around $11 and go up, with top dishes at market price, around $30. Daily specials are also available, such as Maine lobster on Thursdays and prime rib of Fridays. Miramar Fish Grotto: 45 Municipal Wharf, (831) 423-4441
- Riva Fish House Specializing in fish, particularly fried fish, Riva Fish House is a cash-only restaurant in the center of the Santa Cruz, CA, pier. In addition to meals, a full bar is available as is gelato and even gelato cocktails. The restaurant is suitable for families with children, with reasonable prices for the area. Riva Fish House: 31 Municipal Wharf, (831) 429-1223
- Scontriano's Dolphin Restaurant With a limited seating area, Scontriano's Dolphin Restaurant is in high demand compared to other restaurants on the Santa Cruz pier. Seafood entrees range from $5 to $20, while breakfasts and lunches can be had for under $10. Scontriano's Dolphin Restaurant: 71A Municipal Wharf, (831) 426-5830
- Stagnaro Bros. Restaurant and Fish Market With over 70 years in business, the Stagnaro Bros. Restaurant and Fish Market is a staple of the Santa Cruz pier. The restaurant prides themselves on having a wide selection of seafood from across the world, with catering and to-go orders available as well. Stagnaro Bros. Restaurant and Fish Market: 59 Municipal Wharf, (831) 423-2180
Grilled seafood can be summer-time taste treat. If you favor seafood all year round and you live in a northern or midwes ...
Part three of our photographic excursion to the LA Times The Taste festival is all about the seafood. Ceviche, unagi, oy ...
Sushi may be an acquired taste, but if you can get past the concept – and the chopsticks – you’ll be well on your way to ...