If you enjoy a great romantic movie with a charming leading man, you'll want to read this list of the best Richard Gere romance movies. Consider having a Richard Gere marathon featuring these films, or you may opt to pick just one of these movies to create a great romantic start to your weekend with the one you love. Whether you're watching it for the first time or watching it with much of the dialogue memorized, you can't really go wrong with any one of these choices.
- "Pretty Woman" "Pretty Woman" is often considered one of Richard Gere's best movies. It's a sort of messed-up, modern day fairy tale. A hooker discovers a better life for herself in the arms of the one she loves. It is very romantic, and there are some laugh-out-loud moments in it as well. Overall, it's a perfect movie for date night.
- "Nights in Rodanthe" If you want a tearjerker of a romance, watch Richard Gere and Diane Lane in "Nights in Rodanthe." It tells the story of a man who is trying to escape the mistakes of his life and make things right, and it's the story of a woman who is trying to be strong and move on with her life with a broken heart. What the two find in one another is what they always truly needed: love itself.
- "Unfaithful" See the darker side of romance with "Unfaithful." Richard Gere and Diane Lane also star in this movie from 2002, but it's a very different sort of romance movie. There are some steamy scenes, but the romance in this movie comes unexpectedly. The story is gripping, despite the seemingly obvious title, and it's a story of romance and what love really is underneath it all.
- "Sommersby" Jodie Foster starred opposite Richard Gere in "Sommersby." It's a romantic movie set after the Civil War. When an unpleasant man returns home after his wife believed he died in the war, the woman has doubts about the man who has returned being her husband. It's a romance and a mystery, and it's a great movie.
- "An Officer and a Gentleman" "An Officer and a Gentleman" is one of the movies that established Richard Gere as a romantic leading man and a movie star. It's a romance that's about a young man who is trying to complete his Navy flight training and become an aviator. Although he has never relied on anyone but himself, he has to learn to lean on others when an undeniable romance enters his life.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.